Numb

"DIDI!" Gauri held Ann tight, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Come now Chutki...Your tears..." Ann pacified her sister, equally finding it difficult to stop her tears.

"I know Didi...But, I missed you so much! You don't know how much!" The baby in a her belly kicked. "Oh...she loves her aunt!" Gauri beamed.

"I have missed so much...Haven't I?" Ann sighed, looking at her sister.

"It's okay Didi...You are here now...That's all that matters!" Gauri embraced her sister again. "Come you must tell me everything! How was your life in England? What did you do without me? I want to know everything!" They both held hands, and beamed.

"You are having a girl too?" Shivaay beamed and hugged Omkara, who nodded gleefully. Omkara kept his older brother in his embrace for a bit longer than usual.

"Shivaay...I am sorry I left you all alone...But...You look so much better now...I..I am sorry...It was Gauri's idea!" He put the blame on his pregnant wife knowing Shivaay would not hold a grudge against her. Shivaay sighed, and pat his brothers back.

"I know, both of you and Dr.Aman meant well..."

"So...Does she remember that you are her husband?"

"Sort of..."

"Sort of?"

"She doesn't really recall anything, but she sort of figured it out!"

"So....She knows that you are her husband?"

"Sort of..."

"SORT OF?"

"I...I haven't really acknowledged it...Besides...It's...It's been over a year now...How can I be her husband anymore? After all that has happened..."

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

"LOOK! the moment I acknowledge our past relationship, that's it...any hope of giving her a new life away from the past is OVER!"

"Shivaay? What do you mean? Do you want her to start a new life? I don't understand you!" Omkara held Shivaay's shoulders and shook him a little.

"Yes...Yes...I do..." Shivaay clenched his fists.

Ann and Gauri, walked in laughing out loud, holding each others hands. Ann was smiling ear to ear and Shivaay couldn't help but notice how beautiful her smile was.

"Huh...A new life? New life my foot! Is that why you keep ogling at her?"

"Ogle at her? What am I? A bloody hooligan?"

"No...You are her husband...Nothing wrong with ogling at your wife...keep ogling..." Omkara shrugged and shook his head.

"Om...That's it...Stop meddling now. Papa already gave me his word that you will be onboard too! This is why I brought her here...If I knew you were going to be like this, I wouldn't have..."

"Brother mine...I will always have your back...If you think Ann can be happy as she is with you with someone else, who am I to contest? I will support you always...Now where is my Niece?"