Part 4: She Is Gone But She Used To Be Mine

My planning my readers' plight after writing this chapter as they read Louis' depression but Zayn's voice ring in their ears once they play the video...

So far Team Louis or Team Zayn guys?

-------
Louis' POV
4 months later

All I wanted to do was strangle his neck and yell at him for stealing my girl. I shouldn't have suggested taking a break. Everytime I just heard the name Zayn I wanted to murder myself on the spot. Everything seemed to me coming back to me. I was the one who introduced her to him. I was the one who suggested a break. I was the one who became friends with him at school. It was all my fault right? It wasn't anyone's fault. Just mine. I regretted my friendship ever since Liam told me about their affair. Why did I have to bump into him in the cafeteria of this very college's group of schools? 

She was mine dammit!

She's gone but she used to be mine!

And

I wanted to scream right then and there. Curse my heart off. I know she cheated. Even though it was Zayn's fault, she told me she enjoyed it, that it happened more than five dammit fucking times. I couldn't stop thinking how much more times he'd have fucked her, how much she'd have enjoyed it, how much he pleasured her, how much he was using her as his fuck toy, how much she'd screamed his name, forgetting my existence. They fucked immediately after I found out, I knew that, because the next day, she walked in wearing his t-shirt, hickeys lined up against her neck and going further down, when Caroline asked her, she agreed she had, looking right into my eyes. The were probably relieved they didn't have to hide it.

It wasn't just how much times or how they'd had sex I thought about. I even wondered if they ever talked about me. How did they feel if they did? Did she even know what she was doing to me when she walked into my classroom wearing a very t-shirt of his that I'd gifted him. I was going fucking mad. I was a fucking mess. It was fucking bullshit. 

Just as I was thinking atleast I was lucky enough not to see them both together as I walked out of the college gates, I saw her get into his A3 convertible as he gave her a kiss on her lips and neck. He said something that made her laugh. I didn't have her year for class today. I didn't see her the whole day, when I saw her now, I questioned myself. Obviously he wouldn't go without buying her all the expensive shit he could. Gucci shoes, LV backpack, iPhone 12 Pro Gold in her hands, RayBan sunglasses, and most of all, he made her a mother. Why would she not be in love with him? 

I reminded myself she wouldn't be in love with someone just for their money. I reminded myself all that she always wants was a pure love life. 

But... Did he give her the love that I didn't? 

Why are you doing this to me, Y/N? 

I heard a sigh next to me as I just stood there with my own thoughts . I turned towards the sound. I saw Caroline. 

"It hurts doesn't it?" She asked. 

"Don't even ask" I replied. 

"She ignores me everyday, you know? In college. Doesn't live with me anymore. Moved in with him in Beverly Hills." Caroline said. I didn't respond. I just offered to go back to their place. We sat down on the living room couch. 

I sighed. That was the last thing I needed to know. I was happy enough thinking she stayed the night at Zayn's once a week. 

"Louis" Caroline shook me from my thoughts. Her voice sounded serious. 

"Hmm?" I asked. 

"I don't think you want to know this" She said. 

I didn't want to know anything. But I gestured her to continue, "Louis I don't really think you want to know. Are you sure?" 

"I don't even know why I exist right now, Caroline. Just tell me" I said.

"They're getting married next year. She's moving to Zayn's this Friday" 

I froze on the spot as I heard the words. I didn't expect that. Out of everything I dreaded, I didn't believe my ears. I didn't believe that my girl, my Y/N, the love of my life, was getting married to my best friend. 

"I told you that you didn't want to know" She muttered. 

"How long have they been engaged?" I asked. 

"Been a few months. 3 months I guess" She replied, "It's sad. She used to be afraid to go to the club, she goes every week with him now. She never drank that much, but she gets hungover every Sunday morning. The worse thing is it doesn't even seem like he's forcing her into anything they do in this relationship. You don't seem like you want to know, but let me tell you. She's not coming back, Louis. The days that we used to tease her as Mrs Tomlinson are long gone" 

"She's Mrs Malik now, isn't she?" I sighed to myself. Caroline pursed her lips. 

"I feel bad for you, Louis" She said. 

"Don't be. I wouldn't be surprised if I soon found out I could be an uncle considering the fact that Zayn and I used to be like brothers" I said. She gave a hollow laugh. 

"Neither would I"