Chapter 16

Kayla

Later that day, Cameron had a lot of work to do, so he left me and went to his office. I slumped around, bored out of my mind. I didn't want him to have to be locked up in his office all day, but he had a pack to run, although I would've rather stayed in bed and cuddled with him all day.

Since I had nothing else to do, I figured I would just go and try to find my old friend that Cameron said was part of his pack. Carter.

I had no clue where he lived, so I just decided to ask someone and then show up. Once I figured out where he lived, I walked over to his house and knocked on the door. I heard someone yell, "Coming" and that someone quickly answered the door. It was Carter's mom, Becky.

"Kayla! I am so happy to see you! Oh what are you doing here?" She said, as she embraced me into a tight hug. She always thought that Carter and I were going to get married or something. He would always have me over at his house to hang out, but they were in a different pack then. We only kissed once, and his mom thought it was meant to be.

But I found my mate.

"Well, I found my mate... and he happens to be the Alpha of your pack. I just wanna talk to Carter for a little bit though." I sighed, pulling away from the hug.

Carter dropped out of high school the last week of school and didn't go to graduation so they could move. I've never knew the new pack he was in, until now. I also never had any way of communicating him because he broke his phone and never got it replaced. So I was kind of happy I got a chance to talk to him now.

"Okay, he's just upstairs." She said nervously, bowing her head, I'm guessing because she thought I was the Luna.

"You can still talk to me like the old Kay. I'm not going to be mad if you don't talk to me in a formal manner. I'm not even the Luna." I laughed, walking in the door behind her. She just smiled and nodded her head.

When I walked upstairs, I knew exactly what bedroom was his because there was music blasting. I knocked on his door and seconds later, he answered.

When he saw me, he went wide-eyed and looked extremely surprised. He quickly pulled me into his room and shut the door. Before I could even talk, he embraced me in a hug and I hugged him back. After about a minute of silence and hugging, I pulled away.

"Oh my goddess I've missed you kid." I laughed, plopping down on his bed. He walked over and sat down next to me.

"Yeah, I missed you too gorgeous. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you what pack I moved into. I just had no form of getting a hold of you and couldn't go back to school." He smiled nudging me with his shoulder. "But what are you doing here?" He changed from smiling to a confused look on his face.

"Well, I sort of found my mate." I felt bad for telling him because he had clear feelings for me and we weren't mates. I had feelings for him once, but during senior year, they faded away slowly. Now the feelings were completely masked by Cameron. Cameron completely changed me and stole my heart. I could never imagine being with someone else.

"Who's your mate?" He asked quietly.

"Y-your Alpha." I replied even quieter.

"What? Alpha Cameron! You've got to be kidding me." He jumped off his bed and ruffled his fingers through his hair.

"Why are you making that seem like it's a bad thing?" I asked, a little irritated he was this upset over my happiness.

"My mother and I for a while have debated coming to this pack and face-to-face talked to him many times. So, I've seen the things that he can do. He can be a complete jerk. It should've been me. You deserve better than him." He sat back down.