Video Games

It's been three days and while the house still isn't ready for people I need a break. Grabbing my phone I scroll past the texts from A/n which I'm choosing not to read until I have the energy to. I saw one and knew I wouldn't have the energy for that shit.

I press on Leo's contact and hit call, he picks up after two rings. "Yo Leo, what you up to?" I ask, flipping my blunt butterfly knife in my other hand.

I bought it a while ago to try and learn how to do tricks with it to help me focus while studying, but right now it's helping my boredom. I'm getting pretty good! You're allowed to have sharpened butterfly knives in America so I might just buy a few.

"Nothing much, just playing Super Smash Bros with the guys," Leo replies, I hear the faint sound of furious clicking in the background. "Super Smash Bros?" I ask, I know it's probably a video game. Leo has mentioned video games in the past but I've never played any.

"Yeah! Do you want to come over? We can teach you how to play!" Leo exclaims, as he does I hear someone yell "YOU FUCKING BITCH!" So loud I heard it not just through my phone, but through my walls as well. Leo lives right next door after all.

"Sounds like a blast, I'm in!" Hanging up the phone and throwing it on my bed I look in the mirror at what I'm currently wearing. I'm dressed comfy in sweatpants and a white long-sleeve shirt with a black short sleeve Unus Annus shirt over the top. I put on some black Converse and head out of my bedroom.

Stepping outside and into the elements I immediately feel the cold air nip at my ears, I should have grabbed my beanie. I quickly run over to Leo's and knock on the door. Swearing and insults come from inside the home making it pretty clear that Linda and Stephen aren't there, otherwise Leo would be grounded.

"Hey Y/n, come on in," Stan had opened the door for me and stepped aside to let me through. Stan shuts the door behind me and walks off to the couch, I follow him into the lounge room where cuss words are flying like there's no tomorrow.

"Fuck you Butters! I can't believe you won again!" Eric throws his controller on the ground and grabs the bag of 'cheesy poofs' next to him so he can eat his anger away.

"Why do you guys call Leo, Butters?" I ask sitting on the floor next to Kyle. Eric, Leo, Kenny and Stan are on the couch. "I guess it's because his hair is yellow, but I don't know it's just what we call him," Stan replies, grabbing the controller Eric threw on the ground.

"Hey! Who said!" Eric exclaims ripping the controller from Stan's hands. "You losing said fatass! Now pass the controller back!" Stan retorted, grabbing the controller back from Eric. Eric mumbles profanities to himself but doesn't protest further.

"Here Y/n, I lost after Cartman so you can play next if you want." Kyle passes me the controller but I push it back to him, "is it okay if I watch for a bit first? I've never even held a controller before let alone played Super Smash Bros so I'd like to see how it works."

The guys all made an audible gasp as if I just said the worst curse word they'd ever heard in their lives. "How have you never played video games before dude?!" Kenny exclaimed through muffled words. I wonder why he still has his hoodie on, it's warm inside the house.

"I never had the time or felt the need to! My life has always been boxing and hanging out with my community. In all honesty, my 'free time' was spent doing the bare minimum to pass school!" I explain, my hands in the air as if they're gonna shoot me with their anger.

"As weird as that is you're willing to change and that's what matters," Eric says so matter of factly, as if I had committed a crime. "Thanks, Eric, since you're so nice I have a gift for you." As I say this I pull my hand out of my pocket and flip him off. He goes to start insulting me, but Leo cuts him off making him even angrier. It's hilarious.