Chapter 7

"Mother?" Kiba and Florin said simultaneously. Florin pulled his hands away from the planchette.

"And the communication has ended," Kiba said with a heavy sigh.

"Sorry," Florin said.

"It's alright." Kiba adjusted her glasses and picked up the ouija set, returning back to the drawer.

"Can we try it again?" Florin asked.

"Not now," Kiba said. "Maybe some other time. At least we know the ghost is not after your life."

Florin nodded. But he wasn't satisfied. If it wasn't coming for him, why was it haunting him? And then he remembered something. His mother. He remembered that night where it also came after Samantha in the dark. Was it coming for his whole family? Would it go for Joshua next?

"Kiba!" The kids flinched as the voice of Kiba's grandmother was heard below. "It's time for lunch."

"We better hurry," Kiba said.

They walked downstairs where her grandmother was in the kitchen. Her face lit up with a smile.

"I hope you'll join us, young man," She said to Florin. "I made enough to go around. It's spaghetti, meatloaf and bread."

Florin looked at Kiba. She shrugged.

"It's  okay,ma'am," he said. "I wouldn't want to impose."

"Oh, nonsense." She waved her hand dismissively. "We don't have too many guests these days. And it's once in a while to see my little Kiba have someone over."

She then winked at him. "Let alone a beautiful lad like yourself."

"Nana!" Kiba exclaimed as Florin could feel the heat in his cheeks. She prayed to the heavens that this would not be a running gag.

"Okay,okay." Her grandmother raised her hands up. "Florin, I insist you have lunch with us."

As much as he wanted to be courteous, Florin hadn't  had a decent meal in almost two days, all thanks to his mother's  horrendous cooking skills. The aroma from the kitchen was another exclamation point.

"Alright, Ma'am." He smiled.

"Excellent!" The old woman cheered and headed into the kitchen.

"This woman," Kiba muttered under her breath.

As Florin followed her to the kitchen, he could see a faint smile tug at her lips.

                             *****

That night, everyone had gone to bed. Everyone except Florin. He sat on his bed waiting patiently. Tonight he wasn't getting any sleep. Not because he couldn't.  But because he chose not to. Had a feeling she was coming this night and he was prepared. He wanted to solve this issue once and for all.
The light above flickered at that moment. Florin sat up and became alert. His bedside lamp flickered too and he turned to face it. It gave a dull glow and then the whiteness turned dark. The light  above dimmed to a dull yellow.

And then she appeared by his door.

Despite the fear within him, Florin stood up from his bed.

"I see you," she whispered.

"I see you,too," Florin replied, taking the entity by surprise. "I know you're not here to kill me. Why are you doing this then? What do you want from me?"

The entity just stared at him. Florin stared back. The uncomfortable silence made him worry. Then she advanced towards him. It was careful and slow. Florin stood his ground until she was close to him. Her dead eyes showed something he couldn't understand. She lifted her finger slowly towards him. Then she touched his forehead.
Florins eyes went shut as his mind began to be filled with visions.