2: News Janella's POV

Janella's POV

It was high school and I was walking to the cafeteria with my friends, they were laughing and talking a bunch.

But I was starving.

As soon as I entered the cafeteria Jane caught my eye. Sitting in the same table as always, with the same friend.

Julia.

I rolled my eyes as she turned back around in her seat.

"Its Jane" My friend knuged my elbow.
"You think I dont know that?" I mumbled and walked up to her table.

I noticed she was drinking something and I grabbed it from behind her back.

The juice box, the same juice box she always drank.

"Hey!" She shouted and turned around to see me.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?" She asked and I smiled.

"Just wanting to annoy you, its part of my daily routine De Leon" I replied and handed her juice box to my friends and they threw it away into the garbage.

She stood up and faced me.

"Hindi na nga kitang ina away, gusto ko lang kumain" She said calmy and I chuckled.

"I dont care" I said.
"Im just excited for this school year to be over and to never see you again" I added.

"Me too" She mumbled.

I walked away with my friends, sitting far away from her...but my eyes never seemed to stop sticking to Jane.

Was I really excited for this school year to be over and to never see Jane again?

Or was I just excited because I could finally get over her?

Present day

I was currently putting on make up in my bedroom because I had to shoot some scenes today for a movie I was in.

"How's my best friend?!" Mac came in my dressing room.

"Oh Mac? Anong ginagawa mo dito?" I asked while continuing to add blush on.

"I havent seen you in a while Jea, I wanted to check up on you" He said and I smiled.

"Wow talaga" I said.

*Ding*

"Oh can you get my phone and see who that was?" I asked. "Sure" He replied and took my phone.

"Oh! Its your dad" He said and handed me the phone. "My dad?" I said and opened the chat.

"Hey Jea anak, we need to talk at home, after you shoot all your scenes today" He texted.

"Thats weird, why would he want to talk" I mumbled. "Are you in trouble?" Mac asked. "No, I havent done anything wrong" I said and turned off my phone.

"Oh I have to get to my next scene" I said and stood up.

I talked with Mac while we walked to my next scene.

"Finally nandito na kayo" Director said.
"Sorry I took so long" I said.
"Its fine lets just get ready into position and make sure to have your lines memorized!" He shouted to everyone.

I nodded and got ready into position while Mac got out of the scene and took a seat to watch my acting.

"Okay 3..2..1..Action!"

Timeskip

I was currently going to my dad's house, I was actually nervous.

He barely calls to talk to me, he's always busy with work.

"Hey Driver" I said.
"Do you know why my dad wants to talk to me?" I asked.

"Hindi po Ma'm" He replied and I sighed.
"Pero I heard na may meeting daw kayo next week, with someone" He said.

"Oh really?" I said.

I wonder who I could be meeting and what it was for.

The driver parked the car inside the mansion and he opened the door for me, helping me get out.

I walked towards the mansion and went inside.
I looked around for my dad but he wasnt on the main floor.

"Hi po Ma'm Salvador, your dad wants you to meet him in his office" A maid said and I nodded.

"Thanks" I said and walked over to my dad's office, I knocked on the door.

"Come in" He said and I did.
I walked into his office and he was sitting down at his desk.

"Take a seat" He said and I sat down in the seat infront of him.

"You must be wondering why I told you to come over" He said and I nodded. "Well I have great news for you" He said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Your getting married" He said and smiled.

I widened my eyes, "Married?! Your kidding dad, dont joke its not april yet" I said but he shook his head.

"Im not joking Janella, it has already been arranged, papers have been signed and everything, you get to meet your partner next week" He said so casually.

"No! No way?!" I shouted and stood up.
"What about my career?! My acting career I worked to hard to build and love!?" I shouted.

"Janella calm down! Your getting married! Not dying" He said. "Of course you'll still keep it! You will just have a wife" He said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

A wife?!

"Janella your marrying Jane De Leon" He said and I widened my eyes, my jaw almost dropped.

Jane De Leon?!

"You guys knew each other in high school" He said.
"So it'll be easier for you both to get along" He added.

Easier for us to get along?! I dont even like that woman! I hate her.

"Im not doing it, I dont want to get married" I said.
"You have no choice Janella, its either this or I take you out of your acting career" He said, I was speechless.

"That is so unfair?! I worked hard for it!" I yelled.
"Well you better marry Jane then! And become Janella De Leon" He said.

I shook my head.

"I dont want to dad please, why are you making me do this?!" I asked.

"It comes with many benefits to your image and our image! And I know this is whats best for you right know, acting forever wont keep your image big" He said.

"You dont know whats best for me" I said.
"Wala kanang choice Janella, your getting married and its end of discussion! You better be prepared to meet Jane and her dad next week" He said.

"And fix your attitude, you shouldnt be yelling at your elders" He added and I scoffed.

"Listen, you wont be married to her forever Janella, contract lang to" He said.

He stood up and walked away.

"Marrying Jane" I whispered and scratched my head.

How am I supposed to marry someone I hate?!

"Janella De Leon!"

My name?!

__________________________________