Chp 2

Jimin followed Yoongi all the way out of the penthouse keeping pace with the man ahead of him but also remembering to keep his distance. He knew Yoongi needed his space but he also knew that Yoongi didn't want to be alone. It was just a matter of timing. A matter of Yoongi giving him permission to approach him. Lightly touch him and comfort him in silence.

They reached Jimin's office just a level below the penthouse. Jimin took the hem of Yoongi's sleeve and pulled him in gently. He made Yoongi sit on the sofa and went to grab a glass of water for his lover. When Jimin came back, Yoongi had pulled his knees up to his chest, his eyes closed and face hidden.

"Yoongs..." Jimin called him by the nickname reserved for when they were alone in their own messed up universe. "It's alright Yoongs. You're safe."

Yoongi didn't move. Jimin sighed and carefully moved closer to him. He was unsure of what he should do. These situations were unpredictable. No, Yoongi was unpredictable. Sometimes he sought affection and sometimes he demanded distance. Jimin always felt helpless when Yoongi slipped into those harsh flashbacks. And it always angered him.

"Yoongs, look at me." Jimin placed a hand on Yoongi's shoulder tentatively. "Please."

Yoongi lifted his head, body going rigid. A single tear had managed to escape but that was it. Yoongi was not going to let the floodgates open. He was stronger than that. Determined albeit being at the mercy of the tormentors inside his head.

"Tell me what you need." Jimin said. The fire in Yoongi's eyes burned Jimin's heart. Squeezed his lungs to suppress his anger. How dare they! How dare they break him! Though, Jimin stayed focused. He will deal with those predators when the time comes. Right now his Yoongi needs him.

"I need him to stop." Yoongi replied. "I need him to stop pitying me. I need Jungkook to stop pitying me. I need you to stop pitying me."

"Yoongs-"

"No. Jimin, this is your problem. Your revenge. Don't include me in it. I didn't ask for it. I'm just paying my dues to Jungkook."

Jimin's expression hardened at that, "What do you mean? What are you talking about?"

"The vengeance that you all talk about. For fuck's sake spare me! Avenge Jisoo, I don't care. Stop pulling me in this stupid game!"

"Do you not want Kim Dongwook to pay for what he did to you? Did you forgive him? Did you forget those years?"

Jimin knew he shouldn't be saying all of this. Yoongi already had too many nightmares. There was no need to remind him and scratch the wounds open again. But he needed to know. He needed to know what has been going on in Yoongi's head. Why has he been silent for the past few weeks. Why hasn't he said a word about the deal they would be making with Kim Woobin. Jimin needed to know where Yoongi stands in the war that's about to commence. There's no neutral territory here. And if Yoongi thought he had a chance to escape then Jimin is more than willing to make him face the reality. And he's more than willing to protect him with every fibre of his being.

"I don't want to talk about it." Yoongi looked away from jimin.

"Goddamn it Yoongi!" Jimin slammed a hand on the table in front of the sofa startling the glass of water he'd brought for Yoongi. "What is it!? What are you hiding from me!?"

Yoongi flinched violently. Jimin held his breath in. He didn't mean it. He didn't mean to scare Yoongi. He knew how vulnerable the man is right now and with all these reminders of the past, he can practically see Yoongi falling apart again.

"Yoongs, please, let me in." Jimin said as softly and sincerely as he could. He wanted to reassure Yoongi, comfort him, hug him, kiss him, love him. But he couldn't. He was so close yet so far. Jimin couldn't risk triggering Yoongi again. Not after what happened last time. He couldn't bare to see Yoongi hurting. Especially because of him. And if that meant he couldn't kiss Yoongi ever, then so be it.