Nineteen: Into the trap

"Cause you're just a man
it's just what you do."
~Lana Del Rey

Jean

Phone between my shoulder and ear, I somehow still managed to unlock the front door to my apartment and mingle inside with the bags hanging on every finger and weighting me down. Cramps dared to rip through my hands.

"Emily?" I called out, since she didn't answer the phone I was now forced to keep in place. "I bought tampons —I bought them all actually, cause I wasn't sure which ones you preferred." The first bag raptured and spilled its contents to the kitchen floor with surprisingly silent thuds. "Damn it..." I mumbled and in some way mastered to place my phone on the counter. The muted vibration sound of the fridge next to me was oddly calming, whilst I took a few steady breaths to gather myself. "Emily?" I called out again a moment later, not receiving a reply. Odd. Too coincidental for our situation. With unsteady steps I let go of every bag still remaining on my fingers, not caring that eggs were inside one of them, and paced into the living room. Did he get her? Was I too late? Did he see through the plan? What do I do? Tripping over the carpet I almost crashed into the coffee table. "Emily?" I squealed full of panic and almost jumped onto the couch, when I caught her laying on it, a blanket flung over her sleeping body.

She peacefully inhaled and exhaled and napped.

My heartbeat was racing and the sigh of relief allowed my hands to smooth out the grey fabric adjusting to the curve of her delicate hip. Knees placed in the soft carpet underneath, I traced tender patterns on her lower arm. Soft and few freckles painted her skin and at my touch she scrunched her nose and following cracked her eyes open. Lush lashes fluttering open, her chocolate orbs glimpsed at me. A warm smile spreading over her face. This moment would be the one I'd repeat as my dream in heaven. A scene worthy for the gods. Such an angelic view.

"You could've called me," Emily cleared her soft voice and propped onto her elbow, neck stretching left and right.

"I have," I smiled and pressed a gentle kiss to her lips, when she suddenly pulled me on top of her lap deepening the peck. Warm hands stroke down my back as her tongue parted my lips and invaded my mouth. Not just a scene blessing my eyes then. "Now I have the feeling you had a nice dream."

"Does it matter?" She hummed and my eyes fluttered open at the loss of contact on my lips. "Thank you for doing the grocery shopping."

"You needed your beauty sleep," I stated, my fingertips skimming along the left side of her face, stroking hair out of the way. The smoothest of surfaces underneath my fingers. It was as if touching marbel columns in the sky. Warm, breathing and most importantly alive marbel. "I got basically every tampon size and brand I could find." I chuckled and she blushed.

"Jean, I am sure the regular ones would have been enough, but thank you." She pecked my lips a last time, before I was once again headed to the kitchen leaving her laughing at my rushed actions. "Have you been stung by a bee?" She walked in a slow pace after me and I fiddled out the yellow tulips I had found at the very entrance of the shop.

Flowers hidden behind my back I grinned like a fool when the brunette walked in, rubbing her sleepy eyes. Pulled into her motions, I was flabbergasted for a moment unable to form a scentence or even word.

"Since it's been like six months..." I spoke in a hoarse voice, since my throat had gone all dry. Hands slightly shaking, I continued much faster tripping over my tongue. "I was reminded of how badly I want to be with you for like... another six months and after that another six months," I cleared my voice. "I got you those as a reminder, perhaps." The tulips bouquet now stretched out for her to take in with these stunning eyes, I was the one to flush red.