Chapter 1- Strike 1

Note : just a quickie ...I apologize for any grammatical errors although I'll be reading it thoroughly but sometimes things tend to get away. Other than that it's all good . Enjoy beautiful people 🌸

Carter ( male lead -pov )

The sun peeked through my window. I knew it was past twelve, but I couldn't muster the strength to get out of this beautiful, comfortable bed. I'd just pulled an all-nighter, driven by a burst of inspiration that had me painting until dawn.

Last night, I was out with my best friend Emmett. We'd just left a department store where we went to stock up on groceries. Emmett has this knack for emptying my refrigerator in one night, and he's proud of it, which I find kind of impressive, though I'd never admit that to him. I made sure he covered the cost—after all, he ate all my stuff.

As we walked and chatted, I was lost in our conversation when something caught my eye. Out of nowhere, I noticed a girl standing by the sidewalk. She was a complete stranger, and yet something about her made me stop in my tracks.

I was stunned by the mere sight. She wore a red bodycon dress and black military boots, with her hair cascading down her back. The moonlight bathed her in a soft glow, making it feel as if she was the only thing in the world that mattered. I couldn't see her face clearly, but the way the light highlighted her silhouette felt almost magical. It was as if she was an angel sent just for me, casting a spell that left me breathless.

In that fleeting moment, my entire world seemed to narrow down to just her. The usual noise and bustle around me faded into nothingness. I felt a profound connection, like I had known her forever, even though we had never met. When I finally reached home, her image was imprinted on my mind. No matter how hard I tried to shake it off, she was all I could think about. The intensity of what I felt was unlike anything I'd ever experienced before, and it left me yearning for a chance to know her better.

I painted and painted, trying to capture that fleeting moment that had gripped my heart. Though it lasted only seconds, I was stuck in that memory. All I could think about was her. I needed to find her, just to see her again, but I had no idea where to start.

As I stepped out of my room into my studio apartment, which I had bought with my own hard-earned money, I felt a sense of accomplishment. Even though my parents are quite wealthy, living in Paris and running a top clothing brand, I wanted to carve out my own space. This apartment gave me that peace and sense of independence. I was proud of what they had achieved, but this was my own little sanctuary.

But I didn't want to inherit it because it wasn't mine to begin with. I hope they understand that someday.

As I was about to make myself a cup of black coffee to wake up, something shiny on the kitchen counter caught my eye. It was an anklet—the same one I had seen on the angel
I need to make a fucking call.

Note: I know the first chapter is a little short, not little short, but a lot, but we are building storyline here, so please bear with me the next chapters will be worth it. Now, honestly, tell me how was it....our main lead is very open to emotions he does not hold back he has a fun personality but only with the ones he's comfortable with. I hope this can help you to relate with the character.
Any suggestions ....are most welcome by all of you. I wanted to give you something sweet so here it is.
There will be something 🥵....really soon so don't worry . Love you 😘