Chapter 2- Decent Night

Y/n Pov

Where to begin? I had a pretty shitty day today. I came home from work just to find out my angel boyfriend, Daniel, was cheating on me with his fucking project partner. How do I know? He and I used to share an apartment we got after three years of dating. I was pretty serious about him because I believed in true love. But that belief was just shattered into pieces by my oh-so-loving boyfriend, who is lying there naked with his partner, unable to form words.

Although I slammed the door shut, I think my heart shattered with the thought. I couldn't believe that he would do this to me. We always talked about getting married and buying a house, somewhere in the countryside. I even thought about baby names—Mia and Raymond. But I guess we won't be having those babies now, will we? That selfish bastard couldn't leave just now. My stuff is in the bedroom. I need that.

As I walked by the couch, the door behind me opened. I didn't turn around; I knew who it was. Footsteps approached as I sat down, but there was silence. The door opened a second time. I was certain who it was again, as I stood up and turned around, just to see the embarrassment dripping from the girl's face. She didn't say anything until she reached the door. She was about to leave but turned around and said, "In my defense, he told me that his girlfriend broke up with him. I would have never done anything like this if I knew this asshole was lying." And just like that, she left.

A defeating silence filled the room, pressing down on my chest. The kind of silence that amplifies every stray thought, every ache, and every tear that threatens to fall. The weight of betrayal settled heavily in my heart, making it hard to breathe, as if the walls themselves were closing in on me.

I stood there dumbfounded. To sleep with someone and cheat is one thing, but to lie to another girl just to get into her pants while you're in a committed relationship is next-level fucked up. I didn't want to face him; I just wanted to leave. I rushed into the room and locked the door. A few seconds later, I heard a knock. "Baby, give me a chance to explain. You cannot believe her, can you?" What the fuck was he asking for—a chance? To explain what? How he fucked her? I couldn't believe him. "Open the door, baby, hear me out, please." He kept on rambling while I busied myself packing my clothes and other things. The rest of my stuff would have to wait, but that's what best friends are for. Sophie will bring the rest of it tomorrow. I just needed to leave as soon as possible. I couldn't stand his fucking face. As I opened the door, I found him sitting on the floor near it. I didn't bother looking at him. I was about to leave, but his hand stopped me.

I turned around and slapped him hard across the face. "Don't you dare touch me with those filthy hands. You want to explain what? How she landed on your cock?" I was trembling, my anger and disgust spilling over. "If that's not enough, what else do you want to tell me? How many times did you fuck her in our apartment?" I was hyperventilating, struggling to catch my breath. I needed to get out. "Please, y/n, don't go," he said with those pleading eyes I used to adore. But now, those eyes disgusted me, reminding me of how I once felt something for him. "You've lost the right to even look at me, and staying here with you? Over my dead body. Enjoy your bachelor's pad, you fucking asshole." And I left.

I couldn't think straight. My mind was spinning, and everything felt like a blur. I called an Uber and went straight to Sophie's.

Struggling to stand, I knocked on her door. My eyes were bloodshot red, and I couldn't think of anything else. I hugged Sophie and cried even more. She didn't ask me anything; she just hugged me back. I didn't want to talk about it, but I knew I'd have to explain it to her eventually. I stepped inside her apartment and threw my things near the door. I walked further into the living room and collapsed onto the couch. Sophie picked up my stuff and placed it on the bench before sitting beside me and handing me a glass of water. I drank it in one go and sighed heavily. I didn't know where to start, and she didn't push me to speak.

My best friend Sophie is a beautiful girl with blonde hair and almond-shaped eyes. In high school, she used to get proposals daily; she was that popular. Meanwhile, I was the nerd—glasses, tight ponytail, always focused on books. We were like north and south, completely different. But that never made me self-conscious. I was good at academics, while Sophie wasn't. She taught me how to have fun, and I helped her study. We balanced each other perfectly. Even back in elementary school, Sophie always got into trouble, and I was the one to save her.

Our parents were also best friends. Apparently, they all went to the same school, just like Sophie and me. That's why we've known each other since we were in diapers. She's like a sister to me. I knew she was worried; she'd never seen me this devastated.

I knew I had to explain everything to her, but I didn't have the strength. I laid my head in her lap and closed my eyes. She gently brushed my hair with her hand and said softly, "I know it's hard. I know you feel terrible right now, but it's okay. We'll talk about it tomorrow morning. For now, just go to sleep. Do you want to eat something?" I nodded. She lifted my head, placed a pillow under it, and went to the kitchen to make me some instant noodles. She also brewed chamomile tea to calm my nerves. When she came back, she set the food on the table. I stood up and went to the bathroom down the hall. I closed the door and washed my face. My eyes were puffy, but I didn't care. The scene of my ex-boyfriend with that girl played over and over in my mind. I knew I couldn't do anything about it, but I was hurt—deeply hurt.

When I returned, Sophie was on the couch, talking on the phone. I guessed she was speaking with my parents. Shit, I hadn't called them. They'd be worried. I asked Sophie to tell them I was with her and just needed to sleep. She nodded, did as I asked, and ended the call. She then turned to me and said, "Eat your food. It's getting cold, and don't overthink."

I nodded and thanked her. I ate in silence, and after finishing, I hugged her tightly. "Thank you, and I love you. You know that, right?" She smiled and hugged me back. "I know." With that, she took me to her room and tucked me into bed like I was a baby. And I needed that. I knew she was restless because of me, but I couldn't help it. She went outside to sleep on the couch, and I tried to rest. I was exhausted from all the crying and packing, so I didn't think much more and fell asleep quickly.