What?

[I found this in a notepad. Like what is this. What. Where?]

Under false hopes, the once strong British lad, broke down. The tears that were shed, slid from his cheeks to the dirt on the ground. His expression wore pain and unforgiveness, as if the words whispered to him were from an ally that stabbed him in his heart. The young lady stood in front of him, watching his anguish. The delicate cloth of her skirt fluttered in the gentle wind and her corset hug tightly to her body, expelling no hint of imperfections. The lady's long red hair hung on one shoulder, the other shoulder held the weight of a small leather bag of which the contents remained a mystery. The girl wouldn't dare reveal the secrets of that bag, or it'll be the death of her, and death isn't an option whatsoever in the lady's mind and thus kept it out.

The boy wiped his worn, red eyes with the ends of his long-sleeved shirt and took a deep breathe, trying to regain what is left of his pride and sanity. As he was about to speak again, he rose his head and stared directly into the lady's hazel eyes. She felt intimidated by this but, tried to hold in her emotions. She wouldn't be able to hide her embarrassment if she did. All she responded with was rising an eyebrow at the boy. He was slightly taller than her, but was weaker. His short brownish-blonde hair curled at the ends and from what was seen directly, was a slight cowlick at the back of his head. The lady felt proud at the boy's enthusiasm to stand his ground and to try to respond to her painful words.

"You promised me you wouldn't tell." Said the boy, his voice crisp but strong. Although his eyelashes are still soaked from the tears, he made it sound as though he wasn't affected at all.

"You're right. I did, but what else is that I broke it." The lady said plainly, not giving a care in the world, however, was worried about what he'll do. He has always been an over-reactor to anything, even silly things like dirt on his new leather shoes. They were going to get dirty anyway, why worry about it?

"But why? You know the town won't accept me. They'll kill me." The boy said, with a slight whine at the last couple of words. He cursed at himself within his mind at that fact that his voice squeaked a bit.

"They were going to find out about anyways, Dovev. If they try to kill you, I'll step in. After all, they owe me." The lady said confidently. The village where they live does owe her quite a lot. She is the one who healed all of them of their disease. Healers need to get paid eventually. That's part of the balance, at least in her mind. The boy, however, felt as though the roof over her contemptible head was payment enough.

"They won't listen to a woman, Qadira." He said. The boy cleared his throat, knowing she might punch him for saying such a thing. She has always taken it as an insult to her pride, if it could ever be insulted. That pride of hers was never affected by any word despite the ones said about her sex.

"I am a woman and I'll be sure they do listen." The lady snapped, Dovev knew how much she hated when he said such a thing. "You make it seems as though you want to die, especially since your not taking a chance at me trying to help you." She said, trying to calm herself. That little annoyance wasn't going to break her patience nor her composure. She is smarter not to. Before Dovev could speak again, a loud crack echoed through the forest around them. It wasn't like anything they've heard before. The sound was almost like a gun-shot, but louder. This only scared them more.

Dovev and Qadira ran back to their village to only see it in ruins. The once formidable houses made from only the strongest rock and thickest straw were set ablaze and crumbled. The market stalls that used to crowd the streets were in shambles . All that was visible was a large crowd of townspeople surrounding two men on black horses bearing an insignia of the royal house guards. Qadira pulled Dovev behind a tree and whispered, "Those damn guards, what in Goddess's name are they doing here?" She sounded rather mad, but appeared calm. Her eyes glued onto the crowd. The children were crying and this was never a good sign. "Let's try to get closer." Dovev said. As they snuck towards the crowds by hiding among the rumbles, the sounds of yelling became clearer.