Playing in the forest of love

(Mizuki's POV)
{mizuki, ena}

- Akiyama household, Mizuki's room -

"Im gonna win this round Ena-chan!" We were playing Mario Cart together in my room, maybe today will be the day I ask Ena to be my girlfriend. We've been friends for such a long time and I hope she likes me back.. but what if she rejects me..?

"No way in hell are you winning!! You've won every round so far, I'll win this one for sure!"

"How about we bet on it? If I win then you have to walk with me in the forest, and if you win..?"

"If I win then you have to buy me lunch, and a new set of paints!"

"Deal!" I exclaimed as we shook on it. I restarted the round and we played.

"Haha! I'm in the lead Mizu, I'm gonna win this one definitely! new paints for me!"

"Nope! Your coming with me on a walk, im gonna win!" We played for a little while longer, eventually I won the game.

"Aw! You cheated Mizu! There's no way you could win 5 times in a row!? What's your secret to Mario Cart?" She smiled at me, my heart pounded and I flushed. She's so cute and sweet.

"I'll never reveal my secrets hehe! Anyways let's go on our walk, get your sweater It's cold out" I reached for my hoodie which was on my bed.

"Oh- I seem to have forgotten my hoodie. Sorry could I borrow one of yours Mizuki?"

"Sure Ena-chan! Take whichever one you want."
Ena took a hoodie from my closet and we went to leave the house.

"Mom! Me and Ena are going on a walk we'll be home soon."

- In the forest -

"We've been walking a while, mizuki want to sit here?" Ena showed me a bench and we sat down.

"Wanna play a game? We could play hide and seek in the forest!"

"Sure! You count I'll go hide. I won't go too far."

I started counting and Ena went to go hide.
"3..2..1! Ready or not here I come, I'm gonna find you Ena-Chan!"

I searched for Ena for a long time, after 30 minutes I started to get a little worried. "Hey.. Ena-chan come out now! Its starting to get a bit late.."

I frantically searched for Ena. After a few minutes I started to get worried. "Ena! Come out this isn't funny anymore!" There were tears stinging my eyes. I tried calling Ena, multiple times but it went straight to voicemail. "Ena, my love please come out!" I fell to the floor sobbing, and when I looked up she was there.

She was admiring a huge maple tree, with large brownish red leaves. She seemed frozen. I stood up and wiped my eyes.

"Ena-Chan?"

"Oh, mizuki. You found me."

I ran up to Ena and gave her a huge hug. Sobbing I said; "don't you ever do that again! You scared me so fucking much and I thought I would never be able to tell you!"

"Calm down Mizuki! I'm alright. Now what is it you think you'll never be able to tell me?" She stroked my head as we cuddled, It was so warm and calming. I eventually calmed down and stopped crying and we sat down together on the grass.

"See everything is okay, now what did you want to tell me Mizuki?"

"I- uh I wanted to tell you that.." I took a deep breath . "I love you, Ena, I have for a while and I want you to be my girlfriend!"

(Ena's POV)
{mizuki, ena}

Mizuki likes me- they like me! We can date, I can have all of their attention and love!

"Of course Mizu! I was waiting for you to finally ask that!" I jumped onto Mizuki and hugged them again.

"That's a relief! I was so scared you were gonna say no, now what are you doing here? You scared me half to death you know!"

"Oh- this tree just gave me inspiration for a new painting. I'm so sorry for scaring you Mizu! I'll never do it again." We hugged for a while, I never wanted this embrace to end.

- Main Street -
(Mizuki's POV)
{mizuki, ena}

"Let's get lunch Ena-chan! On me." I took Ena's hand and we held hands the whole way to the restaurant.

- at the restaurant -
"Mizuki how did you know this was my favourite restaurant?" Ena smiled and it warmed my heart.

"You always talk about how great this place is, and how amazing the pancakes are."

Me and Ena ordered, we got the pancakes to share together. My heart was pounding I'm still shocked that Ena said yes to me.

"These are the best pancakes I've ever had! Thanks Mizu! We should probably get going soon, it's almost 8. My mom will be wondering where I am."

"Yea, let's get going."

I walked Ena all the way home, we said goodbye and I have her a little kiss on the cheek. This was an amazing day! Too bad there was school tomorow.