A stalker and a heartbeat

- Shinonome household, Ena's room -
(Ena's POV)
{ena, mizuki}

I was working on some illustrations for our new project when Mizuki texted me.

Mizu~:
"Hi Ena! What's up?"

My beloved ena:
"Not much I guess.. just working on some new illustrations. You doing anything interesting?"

Mizu~:
"Not really, we have a n25 meeting in a few minutes, we should probably get ready for that."

My beloved ena:
"Yea your right, I'll go get my computer, bye Mizu talk to you soon <3"

Mizu~:
"Bye ena <3"

I got my computer when I saw a flash from outside, I went to my window but nothing was there. It was probably nothing, right? Or just my brain playing tricks on me probably.. I have nothing to worry about I reassured myself.

- After the n25 meeting

After the meeting I called mizuki,

"Ena-chann, you should go to bed it's late and you have to wake up early tomorrow! You know how hard it is for you to get out of bed in the morning."

"I'll be fine Mizu, I'll just wake up 5 minutes before you come."

"We both know that's not gonna end well, go sleep ena, I love you."

"Goodnight Mizu, love you more."

- Kamiyama HS, classroom -
(Ena's POV)
{ena, kou Asaka, teacher}

"We'll be doing group projects for the next few weeks, please choose a partner and get started I'll hand out the rubric and details now." 

"Shinonome, want to work together?"

I turned and saw Asaka asking me, I remembered Tsukasa saying he was.. interesting but those could always just be rumours.

"Sure, Asaka. Let me get my laptop." I went to go get my laptop while Asaka was on his phone, taking pictures or something. I came back with my laptop and we worked on our assignment for the whole period.

"Shinonome, if you want you could come over and we can work on the project one day."

"Oh.. sure I guess. I'll have to check my schedule but that's a possibility."

"Great! I'll give you my number, text me when you can." Asaka gave me his number and smiled at me, I was glad he was being nice to me because other than Mizuki I would have no friends.

- Public Park -
(Mizuki's POV)
{mizuki, ena}

"Ena, push me higher!!" Me and ena went to the local playground, a place we used to spend a lot of time at as kids when we hardly knew each other. Ena was pushing me on the swing.

"God Mizu, your such a child!" Ena laughed as she pushed the swing harder. I jumped off the swing and ran.

"Catch me if you can, Ena-chan!" I laughed as I ran around the park with Ena chasing me. I ran for at least 10 minutes untill she caught me.

"Your a fast runner Mizu, ever consider joining the track team?"

"Nope, too much sweat not enough cute uniforms!" Ena laughed and I smiled, she was so pretty with her hair shimmering in the sun.

"Ooh! See-saw!" I grabbed Ena's hand and ran to the see-saw dragging ena behind me. "Were a little too big for it, but it'll still be fun." We played in the park for a little while longer and then we stopped to sit on a bench.

"Smile Mizuki!" Ena took a photo of us and posted it onto her instagram, "everyone is loving all these photos I've been posting of me and you Mizu, I'm gaining followers!" I sighed, I'll never understand this girls social media addiction.

"Look mizuki, ice cream!" Ena pointed to a man with an ice cream cart, "we should get one to share!"

We went over to the ice cream cart and ordered, we got two scoops of strawberry ice cream on a cone to share. We went back to the park bench to share the cone, I licked Ena's cheek when she got ice cream on it.

"Mizukiiiii your making me blush!" Ena was blushing hard, I giggled

"Sorry Ena, your just too cute!"

"Your the cute one Mizuki, now smile!" We stayed on the bench for a while eating ice cream and taking pictures, while giving each other small kisses in between. It was a great afternoon.

"Agh!" I pulled Ena to the concrete floor and we lay there together.

"Look at that cloud, it looks like a cat."

"That one looks like a piece of  cake! Not a cat!" Ena pointed to the cloud, "see, that's a cake not a cat."

"That's not a cake! It's clearly a little kitten, see that's the tail and those are the ears."

We lay there on the ground looking and gazing at the clouds for a half hour, it was already 6:21 when we sat up. We've been at the park since school ended, which is at 4:30, we've been here 2 hours already but it's felt like 2 minutes.

"Mizu, wanna go on a walk through that path?" Ena pointed to a hiking trail.

"Yee, let's go Ena-chan!" I grabbed Ena's hand as we went onto the path.

The scenery was amazing, since it was mid-October the leaves had all turned orange, red and brown. We walked and heard the sound of leaves under our feet, we held hands as we walked.

"Mizu.. did you hear that-? It sounded like footsteps followed by a camera flash. I'm scared mizuki, I thought I saw someone take a photo of me through my window yesterday maybe it's the same stalker."

I could hear Ena's heartbeat, pounding hard against her chest. She was really scared. I took Ena's hand.

"It will be okay, ena-chan. Don't worry I'll protect you. Now, YOU FUCKING PERV COME OUT AND SHOW YOUR FACE YOU COWARD!" I saw some bushes move and I ran towards it.

"Got yo- oh it's just a squirrel.. but there was a weird perverted stalker here ena, we're gonna find him and confront him before he dose some weird stalker stuff."

I looked and saw ena still standing there, scared her heart beating fast.

"Ena-chan, are you okay my dear?" I went up to her and gave her a hug.

"I- what just happened Mizuki! I'm scared!" Ena fell to the floor and broke down into tears, she was sobbing with her head in her hands. I fell to the floor with her.

"Mizuki!"

"Don't worry Ena, Its okay. I won't let anyone hurt you." I gave Ena a little kiss and held her while she sobbed into my arms.

"I'm here."