Chapter 3

Naruto sat in the middle of the empty classroom with Sasuke Uchiha and Sakura Haruno, who were now the official teammates of his genin team. While Naruto was hoping he'd be in a team with his best friend, Kiba, this team wasn't that bad. It'd be his chance to become friends with Sasuke again, and Sakura was a nice, smart girl. Sometimes she's a bit too obsessed with Sasuke, but she's still much more clever than Naruto is. The blonde boy had much more to learn.

They were currently waiting for their new sensei who would guide the three of them in their journey of becoming greater shinobi. Three hours, for three hours they had been sitting in this classroom with absolutely nothing to do. At this point, they'd be waiting the whole day here in the academy.

Naruto had already came up with his own conclusions in his mind. The sensei probably wasn't here because he didn't want to be the sensei of the demon brat. Arguing with the Hokage about this job, maybe? It's understandable that people wouldn't want to be anywhere near him. Poor Sakura and Sasuke, they'd have to suffer because he was here in the team. Or even better, his sensei would be able to focus more on the two of them instead! That'll be pretty nice.

"So...Naruto."

Naruto's head shot up in surprise to see Sakura who was now standing next to him. She glanced at the empty seat next to him and glanced back at him again. "Mind if I sit here?"

Naruto shook his head nervously, unsure of the purpose of Sakura approaching him like this. She seemed to be rather friendly at the moment, but who knows what she's thinking. Not like Naruto hated her or anything, he actually kind of liked her, to be honest. She's so nice to everyone (not exactly) and she's much smarter than Naruto. He felt so lucky to be on the same team with two geniuses.

"I just thought, since we're teammates now, we should probably try to become friends first. Uhm, you know, since we've never really talked much although we're in the same class," Sakura started off the conversation in a friendly tone. Naruto relaxed slightly, but was still a bit tense. "How did you become Genin? Didn't you fail the test?"

Aaaaah, for god's sake! Why is everyone so curious about that? It mentally hurt him thinking back about how dumb his actions were, and he really didn't want to embarrass himself talking about it again. But then again, this was his teammate now....

"Well, it's a rather long story. And embarrassing too," Naruto added, a faint blush on his cheeks. "Are you sure you want to hear it?"

"We seem to have plenty of time to spare," Sakura smiled at the blonde boy. At that moment, Naruto swore he felt his own heart skip a beat as it started to speed up slightly. Was he getting a heart attack? What?? Maybe this is the effect of having not more than five people you can trust to talk to.

"Well, so....you know, Mizuki sensei, how he didn't show up in school just now for the graduation?" Naruto started off from that. Sakura nodded to his question. It was pretty odd not seeing him there and without an explanation too. Did he get into an accident and Naruto saved him? That would've been a pretty cool way to become Genin.

"Yesterday, he saw me failing the test and offered another way to become Genin, which was stealing the forbidden scroll, you know, the one with the forbidden jutsu and stuff," Naruto continued nervously. Sakura's eyes widened. Wait, what? So after all these years of teaching at the academy, Mizuki sensei was a traitor to the leaf? Okay, maybe there was more behind that...she shouldn't come to conclusions so fast. But there wasn't any other possible explanation! Seeing Sakura's reaction, Naruto once again felt embarrassed of himself- look how damn fast Sakura was able to figure it out, and look at him.

"Well, I, uh, I.. I was kind of desperate, and dumb, so I stole it....and then I almost gave it to him," Naruto shamefully admitted. Sakura had to hold back from letting her jaw drop in surprise. Naruto?? The Naruto who couldn't make a simple clone, succeeded in stealing the goddamn forbidden scroll? What!?