Chapter 14: The Games Have Begun

Cloves POV
I wake up next to Cato and I can see by the light in the window that it's too early to be getting ready to get to the arena we still have bout an hour at least to start getting ready. Cato was already awake when I woke up staring at me and I giggle "what?" I say with a laugh. "I just love you so much clover" he says before kissing me

"I love you too...and when will you stop calling me clover?" I say with a big smile knowing I really never want him to stop "I'll never stop not until I'm dead!" He says with a laugh but I go blank faced I almost forgot what we d have to participate in...

"Hey...we'll be okay alright? Eno and Brutus are trying to figure out how to get us both out!" He says holding my cheeks. I give a slight smile and say "i know Cato" pressing my forehead to his.

Then we hear a knock "clove! We have to get you in your suit for the games then we're going to the aircraft that's going to take you!" I hear eno say "You too Cato!" Then we hear Brutus

We get ready and go to the aircraft and see Katniss. I sit next to her to intimidate her and Cato sits across me. She asks the lady what their putting in her arm and I think 'it's a tracker dumbass' and look at Cato and see he's thinking the same. But I won't underestimate her she has that fire in her eyes she wants to survive and I know she would easily sacrifice "lover boy" to do it.

I could tell he loved her but she didn't really love him. She cared though and that makes him her weakness, I had just realized this and was eager to share it with Cato.

Now I'm in the tube and am getting lifted into the arena when I'm blinded by the sun and see a big metal thing in the center and lots and lots of trees. I give a smirk and look for Cato and glimmer and marvel. I couldn't find any of them which means...their on the other side of the cornucopia! I'm separated from them! I have to get to the knives as soon as possible and kill as many people as I can hopefully me and Cato can get fire girl. 10...here we go "9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1" and the gun sounds and I run as fast as I can and grab a pack of knives and start killing people. I throw a knife at a 14 year old girl in the head and she dies immediately and I start looking for more stuff in the cornucopia.

I find a little girl hiding behind a crate..she's so young..but I can't let her survive. "Please please don't hurt me" I felt so sorry for how weak she was...my head was racing part of me was saying let her live she's so young! Then another says kill her! 'Let her live! Kill her! Let her live! KILL HER' there are cameras on me so I put on a smirk and say "sorry sweetie I'll make it quick" I say with a painfully sweet and mocking tone and slice her throat and her canon goes off. I run out and see marvel stabbing someone with a machete and glimmer shooting arrows repeatedly at a boy but he gets away but I can't see Cato.

Then I spot fire girl there's a boy about to kill her. I wanted the kill!! So I throw a knife to the boys back and see her in shock so I throw a knife to her head but...SHE DODGED IT WITH A BACKPACK. I never miss! She runs away before I can comprehend this

I'm still very confused about what just happened when a boy comes running up to me with a big knife. 'Oh shit!' Then I see a sword go through his back. Cato! I run to him and say "there you are!" I hug him

Most tributes left and we killed 2 people trying to hide in the bushes near the cornucopia. We claimed it and we were free to stay there but tomorrow we're probably leaving this place and we left for a bit while the hovercrafts collected the bodies.

I clean blood off my knives and everyone else does that with their weapons when I see glimmer distraught and pacing around. So I walk to her "glimmer you good?" "Y-yea" "are you sure?" "Yea it's just that...marvel almost died and I could've shot the person but..I was to shocked to do it! But luckily he saved himself but barely...and it made me realize neither of us, me or him are gonna make it out alive" I'm shocked she came to terms so easily I look at her with sympathy but also relief at least we won't have to worry about killing them but...it's gonna be kind of hard to lose them. They've become kind of like friends to me and Cato.

"Clover can you help me" Cato says and I go over to him "can you with this I just can't reach it" he hands me a rag soaked with water and then I see a pretty big wound on his back. "Cato! What the hell" and he just laughs "someone just snuck up on me okay? I killed them don't worry." "How'd that happen how did they sneak up on you" he just sighs and says "I was looking for you I had to make sure you were okay.." while turning to me "I told you I'd always protect you." He says I give him a peck and say " and I you"

While we sleep I hear music and see the tributes in the sky and count how many died "8" I say to them "that's a lot...like 1 third of the tributes" cato says. And I think this is it....The games have begun