chapter 5

Previously

"Why did you protect him?" Jingyi asked, eyeing Qing suspiciously.

"Villains are not born; they are made by society," Qing answered.

"So, he is going to be good in the future?" Sizhui asked.

"So far, yes," Qing replied.

"And if you're wondering why Jiang Cheng wasn't afraid of starting another war because of his brother, let's just say Jingyi gave him a piece of his mind."

Now

"Why did you exactly change and try to change Jin Guangyao?" Ouyang Zizhen asked.

"He once saved me. I just want to return his kindness. He has suffered a lot, which is the only reason he became evil. This time, I will change that fact." Qing said.

"I sometimes don't understand you. He caused a lot of deaths, and you're saving him just because he was kind to you once?" Jin Ling asked, annoyed.

"I don't care if he has wronged someone. He has been good to me, so I will be good to him. And this time, he won't cause destruction," Qing replied.

"Wait! Is he going to become a problem in my parents' marriage?" Jingyi exclaimed.

"No, he won't," Qing assured.

"Let's head to the floral banquet. There's going to be a good scene there," Xiāng said excitedly.

"Okay," they all agreed.

They headed to the banquet. Jiang Cheng was sitting next to Nie Huaisang, and Xiāng sat beside her father. Jingyi sat beside his father, while Jin Ling was sitting with his father, and Lan Qing was sitting with the second young master Lan. When Jin Zixun decided to bully the Lan clan into drinking, he tried to force Lan Zhan into drinking when Wei Ying arrived.

"I will drink that for him, if that's okay," Wei Ying said, snatching the cup from Jin Zixun and drinking it. Everyone stared at him, and the juniors squealed internally.

"Childe Wei," Lan Xichen called.

"When did you come?" Jin Zixun asked, a little bemused.

"Just now," Wei Wuxian answered.

"Childe Wei, why did you come so late? Here, sit down, please," Jin Guangyao said, trying to control the situation with a nervous smile.

"Don't bother. I have something urgent to ask Childe Jin. Can we talk?" Wei Ying asked, trying to control his temper.

"You cannot talk to me until our family feast is over," Jin Zixun said smugly.

"How long?"

Jin Zixun eyed Wei Ying and then laughed. "Six to eight hours, or maybe tomorrow," he said, challenging Wei Ying.

"I'm afraid I cannot wait that long," Wei Ying said, trying to keep his cool.

"It's not up to you," Jin Zixun said, glaring at the patriarch.

"Wei Wuxian!" Sect Leader Jiang's voice was a bit panicked.

Jingyi held his hand and whispered to him not to interfere.

"Childe Wei, is it something important?" Jin Guangyao asked, trying to break the tension.

"Extremely important. No time to delay," Wei Ying said, staring deeply into Jin Zixun's soul.

Jin Zixun scoffed at Wei Ying and walked towards Sect Leader Lan. "Let's drink again, Sect Leader Lan," he said.

"Okay, I will say it right here," Wei Wuxian said, moving to the center. "Childe Jin Zixun, do you know a person called Wen Ning?"