chapter 9

"Come, A-Yuan, let's get candies," Jin Ling said, picking him up. Yuan giggled and clapped his hands.

"Jin Ling, take care of him," Wen Qing was saying.

"Don't worry, I have realized," Jin Ling said and took Yuan with him.

---

## Jin Ling's POV

I came back from Caiyi Town with little Yuan after buying toys and candies. I took him to Miss Wen, but as I got there, Sizhui was with them. As he looked at me carrying little Yuan, he looked somewhat shy or embarrassed. Well, I'm not good at reading people. I gave Yuan to his aunt.

"Rich Gege, will you play with me?" he asked innocently.

"Rich Gege?" Sizhui questioned. "Where did that come from?"

"He is rich, so he is Rich Gege," he smiled while answering, while Sizhui looked embarrassed.

"Well, that does make sense," I said and smiled at him.

"Young Master Jin, you shouldn't have done this much," Miss Wen said while bowing, showing her gratitude.

"Miss Wen, it's totally fine, and he is such a cute little boy," I pinched Yuan's cheek while Sizhui got red.

"Ahem~ I think I should take my leave," Sizhui said while going out, and I decided to follow him.

"A-Yuan," I called him.

Sizhui turned and looked at me, and for a moment, I forgot what I wanted to say.

"Yes, Sect Leader Jin?" he said and waited for my reply.

"Can we talk?" I asked nervously, to which he nodded, and I took him to the rabbit field.

"Sizhui, I am really sorry for everything," I tried to sound as sincere as I could. To be honest, I felt like shit. I had blamed the wrong person for my whole life.

"What? You don't have to be. It's not your fault," he replied softly, and it made me feel so much worse. How could I be so cruel to him? He is an angel.

"Still, I am very deeply sorry," I replied to him.

"You weren't even born yet. I have no reason to blame you. You don't have to be sorry, Jin Ling," he said in his angelic voice. I felt immense happiness at that name, but it also made me realize how selfish I was. How I blamed him for no reason; he was a mere kid at the time.

"I blamed you for something you never did. You were a cute little child during this period. But I—I blamed you and h—hurt you so much. You were the victim, and you should blame me and hate me," I said, my voice breaking. I felt pathetic for that.

"Jin Ling, I can never hate you. Plus, you are not at fault. It was just something you learned from the time you were born. So please don't cry," he said, wiping a tear from my cheek. At this moment, I felt mad at myself.

"But I stabbed you," I whispered and fell on my knees. He sighed and spoke.

"That maybe was your fault. But you regret it now, don't you?" A-Yuan said.

"How w-would you k-know? What if I repeat it?" I said in a broken tone. Why does A-Yuan have to be so nice and kind, and why am I a blind idiot?

"Jin Ling, I trust you, so please stand up," he said, helping or forcing me to stand.

I looked into his eyes, and they were beautiful as always. His brown eyes and a gentle smile on his face.

"A-Yuan, will you, umm, I mean to say that you know we, like, I mean okay, I know I am just blabbering," he chuckled at me.

"Yes, Jin Ling, I will get back with you," he gave his beautiful smile.

"Really?"

"I mean, how can I not believe in your love? Who else would shout at their own clan in front of the whole cultivation world just to protect me?" Now it felt a bit embarrassing, but mostly it felt amazing.

"I love you, A-Yuan, and I promise to never cause you any pain," I said in a sincere tone.

"And if you break my cousin's heart again, I will break your legs!" shouted Jingyi.

I turned to see Jingyi, Zizhen, and Xiāng.

"What the heck are you doing here? And how long have you been here?" I yelled, utterly surprised.

"Jingyi, you ruined the moment," Zizhen said, facepalming.

"Since young master finally decided to express his feelings," he smirked.

"Get out of here!" I yelled, and they all laughed, including Sizhui.

As those three escaped, I turned to Sizhui.

"So, where were we?" I asked in a shy manner.

"It was time for the kiss," came a voice from behind the bushes.

"You haven't left yet?" I said, clearly frustrated.

Finally, they left.

"So, umm, should we..." I was about to start my ranting again when A-Yuan kissed me.

---

## On the Other Side

"Where is A-Qing? Look what she just missed," Jingyi asked.

"She is writing the rules," Xiāng answered in a smug tone.

"Why?" Zizhen inquired.

"Lying is forbidden in the Cloud Recesses," she answered, leaving the other two confused.

## T.B.C

---