sleep

(this is just something short and cute i guess i will be writing longer chapters soon dw  (^w^)

——————————————————————

The cult was blissfully quiet tonight. The humans that ran around the vast estate had finally settled for the night, their tasks completed and bellies full of dinner.

Of course there were a few still up for one reason or another, it was a rare day when everyone retired at the same time.

The insomniacs would be up; a few kids that hadn't gotten out their energy before bed, the adults that sought out more vigorous activities. Even a few drank if the time frame permitted and had been allowed by him.

But that wasn't any of his concern at the moment, whatever the silly humans did outside of his ceremonies wasn't something he typically bothered with. They would be dead soon enough, a pitiful life wasted crying their worries to a demon that didn't care or even believe.

A long time ago he truly wanted to help them. That was so long ago he hardly thought anything of it besides him being a naive child.

Douma huffed out his irritation, his soft humming cutting off with the sharp exhale of air. Staring at nothing in particular as his fingers itched to draw out his fans, wanting to snap open the carved gold weapon in a reflex to hide his mouth and nose from view.

Effectively making his facial expression unreadable. It had become a muscle memory to hide his face whenever his mask failed. Showing off his true feelings to nothing but plated gold.

Akaza had once called him a coward for hiding himself away.

He chuckled to himself, shaking his head in an attempt to make the thoughts go away. Sounding childish even in his own head.

Carefully raking his sharp, blue nails through surprisingly soft pink hair. Being mindful not to press down too hard or at the wrong angle, it wasn't his intention to cause harm. Unless it was specifically requested of course.

The martial artist liked it rough most of the time anyway. Though the occasions were it had been gentle and soft had started growing in number. Spending more time just mapping each other out slowly and savoring the time together.

Personally he liked those moments more. Loving the quiet moments of peace. Without their master breathing down their neck about a flower that probably didn't even fucking exist.

Akaza stirred in his sleep, face scrunching slightly before it was smoothed over by nimble fingers. Brushing his thumb over the pale skin and along the tattoos with practiced ease.

The warmth settling in his chest told him enough, having listened to plenty of love stories to last a lifetime. He wasn't stupid but he wasn't going to ruin whatever they had.

It had taken too many years to get here and he'd be damned if he was going to throw it away just because he started to get selfish.

The humming returned to once again fill the room in peaceful sounds, hoping to ease any bad dreams from having his dear lover wake up with a start.

A smile spilt his lips, a genuine one. Not that fake one he shoved down his followers throats, they didn't deserve his true smile or full attention.

After all, it was already reserved...

______________________________