2. THE INTERVIEW

The first thing that Meera noticed when she entered the building was the stunning glass ceiling extending to the top floor, giving an incredible view of the clouds above, with small planters hanging from the ceiling. 

While the building of AgniTech had looked intimidating from outside, the interior of the building had a warm and welcoming colour palette. The walls were painted in a comforting shade of cream. The lobby had a seating area and a passing employee gave her a smile. Meera advanced towards the receptionist with a smile pasted on her face even though her stomach was churning and her pulse was fast due to anxiety. She had to remind herself why she was doing this. Without this job, Sagar bhaiya would not be able to pay the rent from his salary and have enough money for even food. It had already been 3 weeks since she was fired from her job.

A sweet voice broke Meera out of her trance, "Hello, my name is Priya. How may I help you ?". Meera's smile faltered for a second before she realised that it was the receptionist who had spoken. "Hi! I am here for an interview with Mrs. Geeta Chaddha, the head of HR department." She replied thankful that her voice sounded confident.

"Oh ok. May I please have your name and an id proof for registration?"Priya said.

" Sorry I forgot to introduce myself, I am so embarassed. I am Dr. Meera Gupta and here is my id proof" Meera said with her heated cheeks.

"No problem. I can see that you are nervous." Priya smiled while taking her id. "Are you by any chance here to give an interview for the company's private doctor position?"

"Yes.", Meera replied. Priya's eyes widened hearing this and she quickly handed her a visitors pass and told her to go to the 7th floor and ask for Mrs.Chaddha while ominously wishing her good luck. Though confused, Meera did not think much of it and proceeded towards the lift.

Watching Meera go, Priya felt guilty for not warning her because she knew exactly what the position would entail and the work his brother, Mr. Arjun Agnihotri, the CEO of the company and the Don, would make her do. She could only hope that Meera would survive this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So Ms. Meera Gupta, why do you want this job and why were you fired from your  previous one ?." the middle aged interviewer, Geeta Ma'am asked. The interview had started 30 minutes before but this was the question she had been dreading answering.

Meera considered lying but she knew that ma'am could check her records at the previous job by contacting the hospital. So she told her the whole truth about how her colleague Dr. Chauhan had failed to inform her that a patient had a deadly allergy to anasthesia because of which the patient died on the table and the boss' son's involvement was covered up by blaming Meera.

She also highlighted the toxic work environment in the hospital. After she was finished, Geeta mulled over her words and told Meera that her assistant would call her regarding the decision.

Meera thanked Geeta Ma'am and left with hope in her heart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arjun shuffled through the papers in front of him and sighed. He would do the rest of the work at home now. All of his employees had gone home a few hours ago and his shoes clicked against the marble as he headed for the elevator, his bodyguard following closely.

He once again cursed time for moving so quickly. It was already 11 at night and now only 6 days were left till his marriage.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hi readers!!😎

Hope you enjoyed.

Please VOTE 🌟 and leave your suggestions and thoughts in the COMMENTS.

Kisses💕💕

Bye!!!!🤞