9. THE BLOODY HOMECOMING🔫

Meera scanned the surroundings, melancholy filling every cell of her body. A wedding should be filled with chaos and heartfelt moments with family, tearful goodbyes. This is not what any bride's wedding should look like, empty, a lone soul standing in her support. She hardened herself for what was to come. There would be no teary goodbyes and looking forward to her new life.

Arjun got up from the mandap, tugging Meera's hand. Sagar congratulated them and wrapped his arms around his sister. She hugged him back, closing her eyes, soaking up the safety she felt in his arms. "Always be happy. And remember you can come to me anytime, anyday", the elder brother whispered in her ear, kissing her forehead.

"Thank You, Sagar bhaiya. You don't know how much it means to us that you came to our wedding", Arjun said, not insincerely. He touched Sagar's feet, his wife following suit.

"Arre main kaise nahi aata apni Meera ki shaadi mein.", Sagar chuckled good-naturedly, blessing them. (How could I have skipped my Meera's wedding)

Her husband sighed, turning to look at her, "We have to go now bhaiya. We have a tough road ahead of us, but as long as we stay together, our love will win." 

Meera's throat tightened at the thought of going to his house, living with a strange family, no one there to support her. Arjun led her to his car and opened the rear door. She struggled to sit in the car, gathering her heavy lehenga in one hand and stepping forward, towards the car. Her foot caught in it's fabric and she stumbled, a hand finding purchase on his arm. She glanced up to find him looking at her with an unreadable look on his face. Without a word, he picked her up and deposited her on the seat, sliding in beside her. The car started and drove off towards her new home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

At least half an hour had passed since they had left and they still hadn't reached their destination. Arjun was checking his mail on his phone when Meera cleared her throat, gaining his attention. A wave of her alluring vanilla and orange perfume reached him. He shifted closer in hopes of catching it's scent again. 

"Yes?", he asked, putting his phone away in his pocket.

"In how much time will we reach home?", she questioned. 

He closed the gap between them, putting his mouth to her ear. "Why, are you so eager for our wedding night?", he said wickedly. A gasp escaped from her and she tried pushing him away, but he didn't move an inch. 

Chuckling, he kissed her neck and pulled back, "We have arrived." She looked out the window, her nerves making a reappearance, not even registering his action. They got out of the car and walked together to the front door. 

Without waiting for someone to open the door, Arjun entered the code for the door and unlocked it. He marched inside with purpose, Meera trailing behind him. He came to a stop before a wide set of doors. It was wooden and had elegant carvings of elephants and flowers on it. Turning back to look at her, he raised his eyebrows expectantly, throwing a pointed look towards the door.

"You want me to open it?", Meera asked, earning a nod as confirmation. With trembling hands, she applied force on the handles and pushed the door open. It was a drawing room. Arjun guided her into the room with a hand on the small of her back, touching her bare skin. A shiver raced up Meera's spine but for once she was glad for his touch, almost comforted, when she lifted her gaze to find several pair of eyes on them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Agnihotri family was shocked to see their eldest son standing with a girl, both dressed in wedding regalia. They had been in the process of fixing Arjun's marriage to another mafia family, dadu's old business partner's daughter Anya Mehra, having invited them to their house. As one they turned to see dadu's reaction. A silent storm seemed to be brewing beneath his eyes. Dadi put a hand on her husband's arm, telling him to calm down. Arjun walked to the center of the room with the girl hiding herself behind him.

"Dadu ab aapko Anya ke parivaar se shaadi ke baare mein baat karne ki koi zaroorat nahin hai. I have already married the love of my life, Meera.", he said with a smug face. (Grandfather, Now you dont need to talk to Anya's family about our marriage.)

"Arju__", Meera spoke, but fell silent when he raised one hand in a stop gesture. She raked her eyes upon the people gathered in the room, immediately distinguishing the Mehra's from her new family. They were looking at her with an unwavering hatred in their eyes. Her in-laws were looking at her with varying degrees of pity and shock. 

The sound of a gun cocking alerted everyone to the presence of Anya's brother standing a few feet away from his wife, who had his gun pointed towards her. Acting on instinct, Arjun took his gun out and fired a shot in his direction. A scream escaped Meera, some blood spattering onto her clothes and cheeks. Her body froze and spine stiffened. Even though she had seen the human body from inside as a surgeon, bile threatened to come up when she saw the man lying on the floor, a part of his face blown off.

The Mehra's rushed towards their son, an anguished cry escaping them, while the others watched with indifferent faces. Their son's marriage was more shocking to them than this. Arjun took out a handkerchief and carefully wiped the blood from Meera's face, who had gone into shock. He silently gestured the two guards hiding in plane sight on the edges of the room to take care of the body.

Meera felt her husband putting an arm around her shoulder, leading her out of the drawing room. Arjun stopped for a minute, ordering another guard standing outside to throw the remaining Mehra's out of his house. She flinched when she heard a shout and a crash from inside, curling her body into Arjun's.

"We are going to our room now, ok?", he said pushing her hair out of her face. 

"Ok", she whispered. Together they walked up a flight of stairs, Arjun's hand still on her shoulders. When they reached his room, he opened the door and they both entered. 

Meera was still too disturbed to acknowledge her surroundings, moving mechanically. Arjun appeared in front of her and jerked her into his chest.

"Meera, you are going into shock. It's not healthy to suppress your feelings right now. Show some emotion. Get angry, cry, do something!", he exclaimed. But she remained quiet, barely hearing his words. Frustrated, Arjun did the only thing that came to his mind. He grabbed his bride and kissed her with all the pent up emotions locked inside him, pushing her up against the wall beside the door.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hi Readers!!😎

Sorry for the delay. Hope you liked this update😊

Please VOTE 🌟🌟and leave a COMMENT✉

Kisses💕💕