13. NEW BEGGININGS😁 & KILLINGS🗡

The next morning Meera opened her eyes to an empty bed. Arjun had been holed up in his study the whole night since hearing about the potential mole in his organization. It was now 5 in the morning. She tried to go to sleep again but it was elusive. Giving up, she got up and went outside, to the study to check on Arjun. She just gave her hair a quick pat down and didn't bother changing as she knew that no one would be awake this early.

She traversed the distance between the room and study within a minute and knocked on the door. When there was no answer she peeked inside and saw Arjun speaking in a low murmur on the phone, an angry frown marring his face.

Seeing Meera he ushered her in with a questioning lift of the eyebrows, indicating her to be quiet with a finger on his lips.

"When did this happen?", he asked. Whatever he heard on the other side made him curse. He put the phone on speaker and moved to search something on his computer.

"And where was the guard who was supposed to be posted outside his room?", he asked , his voice dangerously calm.

"He was having a smoke break on the terrace.", the man on the other end answered, a nervous tremor in his voice.

Arjun banged his hand on the table loudly, making Meera jump.

"Fire him! And make sure the others know what happens the next time someone dare's to be lazy. I won't be so benevolent the next time. The security footage of the time is also deleted. I am coming there", he said and hung up the phone.

"What happened? Where are you going?", Meera asked.

"Mayank, the man you treated yesterday, was murdered. I have to go there now", he said, moving to the exit.

She followed him back to their room, shocked, "What? Should I also come. I think I should come. I can confirm the cause of death."

"No", he said harshly and left before she could protest any further. Hurt streaked through her at his tone, not knowing that he only wanted to protect her from the scene there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meera showered and got ready in a sober white saree. She sat on the sofa in the room for 15 minutes, moving restlessly, afraid to go downstairs and face her new family.

 She sat on the sofa in the room for 15 minutes, moving restlessly, afraid to go downstairs and face her new family

Bored out of her mind and hungry, she finally stood up, crossed the room and went out of the  room. Thankfully she had explored the house yesterday night after Arjun had gone to the study and knew where the kitchen was.

Priya had been too busy in college and her job as the receptionist to meet her new sister-in-law yesterday. She had been surprised when she heard in the office that their boss, her brother, had proposed to Meera in front of everyone. She hadn't even known that he had been dating someone. Now she was determined to meet the new addition to their family.
She caught her bhabhi on the way to the kitchen.

"Bhabhi! Bhabhi!", Priya called out. Meera stopped and turned around towards the source of the voice, confused about who the bhabhi was.

A young girl came to a stop in front of her, her face covered with bangs, an air of familiarity surrounding her. When the girl pushed back her hair, Meera was dumbstruck to see that it was Priya, AgniTech's receptionist.

"Priya? What are you doing here? And why did you call me bhabhi?", she asked, confusion evident in her voice.

"Hi bhabhi! Sorry I didn't come and meet you earlier. Arjun bhai is actually my elder brother. I am working at the company just to polish my resume and gain experience.", Priya said sheepishly.

"Really? Wow. Never would have guessed. Small world I guess", Meera said.

"By the way I didn't know that bhai was dating someone. He didn't tell anyone about you", the little sister said suspiciously.

A nervous chuckle escaped Meera. As much as she wanted to shout for help to anyone listening, she couldn't. She was still too afraid of Arjun to go against him.

"You are overthinking. I am very hungry. Let's go. I will make you a delicious breakfast.", she said quickly changing the subject, dragging Priya with her.

------‐-----------------------------------‐----------------------------------------

Arjun was standing in the middle of the courtyard at the warehouse with Adi. His hard gaze surveyed all the men gathered around him as if he could pick out the mole just by looking at them. He had just finished demonstrating what would happen to those who slack in their work the next time, apart from being fired. The guard that was supposed to be outside Mayank's door last night was on the floor, groaning in pain.

Finally Arjun just dismissed everyone and pulled Adi aside to talk to him in private. Both of them were glad that today was Saturday and they didn't have to go into office today.

"I want you to stay here today and investigate each and every one of our soldiers. I think there is a traitor in our midst. Don't tell anyone about this until we find the traitor", Arjun said in a low murmur.

"Hey boss. What are you guys talking about?", a voice interrupted them. They both glanced behind them to see that it was Chirag.

Just as Adi opened his mouth to tell him everything as he knew that his brother trusted this man, Arjun cut in, "We were just discussing the next steps regarding this badla problem."

"I want you to keep an eye on all the major rival families or someone who has a big grudge against us.", he told Chirag and left for home, giving Adi a meaningful look and mouthing the word 'no one'.

————————-————————————————

Meera and Priya entered the kitchen but Meera froze at the doorway when she saw two women, one middle aged and other with grey hair already present there. She assumed them to be Arjun's Mom and dadi(grandma).

She had been dreading this encounter and had managed to avoid any and all family members when exploring the house yesterday. She cursed Arjun for not being here. Her suspicions were confirmed when Priya greeted them both with a kiss on their cheeks, "Good Morning Ma, dadi!"

Remembering her manners she quickly touched both their feet and murmured a low greeting, her head bent down in self consciousness. A wrinkled hand grabbed her chin gently and raised it.

"Agnihotri khandan ki kisi bhi sadasya ka sar kabhi jhukta nahin hai", dadi said  with pride in her voice. (No one in Agnihotri family ever lowers their head)

Meera felt emotional on being considered a part of the family. She smiled at dadi and her mother-in-law and nodded, her vision blurring with tears.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hi Readers!!! 😎

Hope you like this update☺️

Please VOTE⭐️ and leave a COMMENT💌!

Kisses❤