ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ ↬ ᴘʟᴀɴs

・*・

・*・.。☾。.・*・

Isabella had spent the entire night comforting Rebekah up until the point when she fell asleep after she shed every tear in her body as she could. She recognized the misery living in the blonde and wanted to try to mend her broken soul and take care of someone who mattered to her. She was an expert at interpreting nonverbal cues and signs indicating Rebekah needed comforting on both an emotional and physical level.

Isabella was able to relate to the emotions and suffering Rebekah was feeling as she did with others, despite her own prior scars. Her goal was to safeguard the feelings of Rebekah and let her know she wasn't alone or helpless—it was no wonder people sought her out when they were down since she was a natural nurturer who felt everything so intensely.

Isabella couldn't help except to find it absolutely vile what Elena and the Salvatore brothers were doing using subterfuge to achieve their ends just to get Rebekah on their side to help go against her brother and destroy him. They didn't care about the continuous distress Rebekah was in as long as they benefited from killing Klaus, even if what they were setting up was putting the blonde in pain.

The morning commenced with Elena and the Mario Brothers discussing their scheme for Operation: Kill Klaus while Isabella listened to their planning process intently. Stefan would tell Klaus how Mikael had followed Elena into the library to nab her and use her as bait to smoke Klaus out. Stefan and Damon vervained Mikael—since this was so believable—and discovered he was carrying a dagger he planned to use on Rebekah, when they drove it through his heart instead.

Considering Stefan was still under compulsion, he needed to be able to honestly tell Klaus he saw Mikael daggered with his own eyes. Elena pointed out the fact Klaus was no idiot and would need proof Mikael was dead when the hunter appeared at this point and confirmed what she had mentioned. Since a dagger could immobilize an Original for a time yet not actually destroy one and a vampire couldn't kill an Original without dying, Elena would have to do the honors.

Mikael had an insurance policy so Elena would wake him up—only he knew where he was keeping a stake fashioned out of the ashes of the ancient white oak tree to kill Klaus. Isabella didn't trust Mikael as she stood on the sidelines and watched the group with wary eyes, knowing the kind of man he was with his destructive behavior and ferocious abuse. Elena knew how petrified Rebekah and Klaus were of Mikael based on what she heard from the blonde, yet she still had invited him for selfish intentions.

Elena plunged the dagger through Mikael, his skin instantly turning gray with veins running upwards as his body slumped onto the floor. Isabella stepped down the stairs and moved closer toward the trio as they stared down at the decaying body of the vampire hunter lying on the floor, Stefan pulling his phone out of his pocket after a moment of silence. He plopped down in the chair and dialed a number, pressing his phone up to his ear and waited for Klaus to answer.