☆Chapter 8☆

"Okk...Wait!" I yelled, grabbing her hand. "If you were me, what would you do?"

"As I said, it's none of my business, but I sure believe in destiny. But that's just me." Evanora shrugged and gave me a paper. "Here's my phone. Bye."

____

I sat there like a statue while holding the paper she gave me, until I noticed that I only had enough time to eat my sandwich and go to work.

I honestly didn't know what to think. Everything Evanora told me was strange, but somehow made sense. I mean... I didn't see any other explanation to the dreams, visions, and the necklace.

However, I wasn't sure if I could ever decide. I still didn't know what could happen if I was able to go to the other world.

"Why would I want to do that anyways? I already have too many problems here." I whispered as I was organising some objects on the shelves of the shop.

"And you will have more if you don't focus." Interrupted Thomas.

I quickly looked at him stunned. "Wait, since when were you here?"

"For a while. Are you ok? You seem more distracted than normal."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just sleepy..." I lied.

Tom nodded afterwards and we continued our work until it was time to bring Kelly home.

I instantly made Kelly some supper and put her to bed after some hours.

Making my way to my room I took a bag and packed my belongings for the trip to Mega that would take place after the next day.

I wore some pajamas, not forgetting to take my necklace, and went to bed.

I began staring and turning the jewelry in my hand.

How can this little thing be so problematic?

I was scared to fall asleep. I didn't know if I would have another dream, or if I saw horrible things, mostly knowing that it was probably really happening.

I decided to lay the necklace on the nightstand instead of wearing it. I thought that it might reduce its effect.

I turned around and closed my eyes.

I was carefully taking off the bronze glove in my right hand. Then, I started searching for something. It looked like I was in a barn, since there was hay on the floor. I grabbed a brush and began using it on an animal. I felt calm and serene, only focused on not leaving any part without brushing. Occasionally, I would pass my hand on the soft orange fur, seeing it go between my fingers. It was warm. I was happy.

I slept peacefully that night.

I opened my eyes, put my necklace on and started getting ready for work. Again.

As I went downstairs, I saw my mother sleeping on the couch. This broke my heart.

Why does it need to be hard for us?

I just wanted to run away. The only thing I could think about is that I would probably end up like my mother. No one took us seriously. I wanted to do something else without thinking that I was abandoning my family.

I made my decision.

I quietly added a blanket on top of my mother, grabbed my coat and went to the park. I wasn't worried about Kelly, since my mother was going to take her to school.

I called Evanora, but she didn't answer, so I wrote her a message informing that I was ready. She replied by sending me an address to her "territory" as she called it.

It was a normal house some streets from my home. The house was bigger than mine, and it was isolated from the rest of the neighborhood.

*Ding Ding*

The moment I pressed the doorbell, I heard quick steps behind the door.

"Emily, you're here! Come in!" She exclaimed as she left the door open and went to the living room.

As I entered, I noticed that the windows were covered and that the only source of light were the little lights placed on the corners of the ceiling. The smell of incense filled every corner of the house, and the floor was covered with rugs.

"By the way, what are you exactly? You said that you were part of the other world, right?" I said as I sat on the couch facing the chair Evanora was sitting on.

"Oh, I'm a warlock." She said as she took a cup of tea. "Now, what's your choice, sweetheart?"

"I want to fully access to the other world."

"May I ask why?"

After some seconds, I answered. "It's interesting."

"Alright. Lay down on the couch and close your eyes."

I did as she said and made myself comfortable. I could feel the nervousness in my chest.

"You need to know that this is only the bonding ritual to the necklace. You will be able to access to the other world every time you fall asleep and come back when you wake up." She explained with a soothing voice.

I was going to ask her something when she mentioned: "I will give you more information after the ritual. Now, relax. This will be intense."

With that, a rush of adrenaline went through my body. My muscles began contracting without control as my clothes were getting wet with sweat. My head moved side to side as flashes of images appeared in my mind. They were going so fast that they were indistinguishable. A mix of noises filled my ears: men, women, children, animals, machines. Every sound played at the same time, so loudly that I felt like my eardrums were going to explode. My skin was burning more every second. I wanted to open my eyes and make her stop. Or at least scream. But I couldn't do anything. It was as if I was paralyzed and someone else was controlling my body.

Then, everything stopped. The quietness, coolness, and peace came back.

I opened my eyes and sat. Evanora was reading a magazine in front of me.

"So, how was it?" She sarcastically asked while glancing at me with a smirk on her face.

"Are you seriously asking me that? By the way, how much time has passed? I need to work..." I wanted to cry.

"Five minutes." She said as she signaled me to follow her to the door.

"It felt like it was longer."

"Anyways, before you go you need to know that the world you will be able to access in your sleep is called Kólasi. In every dream, you will be able to spend three days there. While you are awake, three other days will pass in Kólasi."

"So, you're saying that time there works differently?" I insisted while taking my coat and exiting the house.

"Yes, now go to work and if you have more questions... don't come back." She shut the door.

"Rude." I whispered.

It took an eternity to be able to go back home at the end of the day.

I quickly ate my supper with my family and rushed to my room.

Fear and excitement ran through my veins as I turned the lights off and laid on my bed.

Kólasi, unknown world, be nice to me.

I closed my eyes.

****************

A/N: This is just the beginning.

What kind of creature do you think she saw?

There's a hint at the beginning of the chapter.