Chapter 14: Information

"Okay, fine! But can you at least answer if you know something about it?" I whine at Helbram.

"Wouldn't that make you more curious?" Helbram's arms are crossed, he's in his human form and walking around the town.

"I just want to know if I'm right or wrong." I sigh looking away.

"Alright, fine."

"Really!?"

"Ask away."

"Okay! Do you know why Hendrickson seems familiar to Meliodas now? But he wasn't when I was a child?" Helbram looks over at me and he goes to answer but gets cut off.

"Y/n can I borrow for you a moment?" We both turn around to see Dreyfus.

"Grandmaster Hendrickson ordered me to stay by her side until he returns from his mission." Helbram quickly says before I can answer Dreyfus. He almost seems to be acting defensively.

"Are you suggesting I'm untrustworthy?" Dreyfus's glare hardens, nearly matching Helbram's.

"I'm just following out Master Hendrickson's orders."

"What's with the hostility? I'm sure Hendrickson would be alright with me talking to her, I did babysit her when she was little, and he trusted me then with her alone."

"He didn't mention allowing any exceptions. It's nothing against you Grandmaster. I'm just following his orders, I'm sure he trust you fully but, I cannot allow her to leave my sight." Helbram seems like he's trying to lighten the mood but it's clear there's a part of him that doesn't believe what he's saying either.

"He ordered you to keep your eye on her?" Helbram nods.

"Yes, sir and I cannot disobey him."

"Well, if that's the case then I can pull her to the side and speak to her, you'll still be able to watch her. That sounds fair, right? that is unless you don't trust me." Helbram seems incredibly annoyed now and very hesitant.

"Very well." His voice is lower now, it sends a shiver up my spine.

"Thank you." Dreyfus turns towards me. "Shall we?" He turns around walking away from Helbram, I follow him and in doing so, I make Helbram cross his arms and grind his teeth.

"So? What do you need?" I politely ask. He turns around and leans down to my level.

"Are Hendrickson and Helbram trying to hide something from you?"

"Yeah, of course they are." I felt like his question was stupid, people always hide information from each other.

"Something about yourself?"

"Huh?" I pause for a moment. Is he referring to what Helbram said yesterday?

"Then why did I pass out? Huh?"

"I can't tell you."

"See! You can't even think of an-"

"Hendrickson won't let me tell you." 

"I think so, but it doesn't really bother me." I smile softly at him, even though I'm lying. It's been driving me insane on what they know.

"I may know."

"Huh?" My eyes widen, he smirks.

"Similarly, to you I have good senses. And I noticed it when you were born."