Chapter 30: Just Because

"Let's break up Taehyung.."

Taehyung looked at her in the eyes, her eyes glimmer with tears as she smiled callously breaking his heart into pieces as her voice echoed inside his head.

What just happened? Did he heard her wrong?
He looked closely as the silence is too deafening between them. What did he did wrong? For her to break up with him? The whole time they spent time in this very place has always been good to them, dates to every places, make love in the most endearing, all her I love yous and her smile as he kisses her skin so fervidly.

Everything felt right, right place, right person.

Yet.. what did go wrong?

"Wha-What—

"Break up with me.." He was cut off even before he completely as her, she averted her eyes seeing her boyfriend's loving stare felt hurt, "I-I want space.."

Taehyung's eyes teared up just like hers, couldn't fathom why his heart felt numb and body was trembling, "Wh-Why break up?" He asked her.

"I'm lost you see, I-I've been hiding my pain for a long time and I want to heal," She excused, "Alone.."

"Jen.." Taehyung choked on his own sob as he brush up his hair, he began thinking what he had done this past few days, he cannot blame her if she thinks he neglected her because he was restricted by his management to see her.

"I-I know.. yo-you may have felt abandoned this past few days, I-I can't blame you if-If you felt neglected.. but please understand that.. that I couldn't go because of my management.."

"I know," Jennie cried, "I know so much that it's not your fault that you can't," "And I'm sorry if i'm being selfish but I am doing this for us.."

"Please don't say that," Taehyung run his hand over his face, "If it's space you want, I-I can give you space love.." "You can have all your time for yourself and I will be waiting until you open your arms again." "I-I can be with you as you heal, I-I will support you the best I can.. I just don't understand why.. you.. want to break up,"

"Just because," Jennie cannot find her answer.

"What do you mean just because?" Taehyung scoffed, "You want to break up just because of what?" "Please give me an enough reason to kill me like this Jennie!" "I am so lost right now! You were— we were so happy until now!"

"did you fell out of love?" "Did you found someone else?" "Am I not satisfying you enough? Was I not good enough for you?" He started asking question that has been inside his head since the start of their conversation.

"I am not cheating on Taehyung!" She yelled.

"Then tell me why!" Taehyung gotten mad with all his emotions in disarray.

"Because I cannot stand it anymore!" Jennie abruptly stood up, leaving the coach where they sat, "I want to be alone! I-I don't want you to get involve with my life! I want you gone!" "I want to be selfish and I don't know if I can still love you the same after all your management had did to me!"

"It's not my fault that my management locked us Jennie," Taehyung stood up walking towards her, "Ple-Please let's not be like this.. let's not talk about breaking up, I-I don't want to break up.. don't you feel the same?"

"Shouldn't our love matter more than a word?"

Jennie scoffed, "That exact word that shatters my career and got me an anxiety, that single word 'dating' that had my career going down," "You have no idea how it feels to be me Taehyung.."

"because you are you, Kim Taehyung of BTS," "The most handsome man on the entire world, has a millions of people watching your life now, one of the most loved people who would go lower to destroy someone degrading your name.. but I am not you.."