MAIN MAN FREDDIE

Mini Freddie and Rami Malek ramble I wrote for a bunch of non Queen fans. You may already know all this, this was written for a bunch newbies. Anyway:

Freddie Mercury is great. He is a legend. He has such a recognizable and amazing singing voice it's not even funny.

He was born on September fifth 1946 and studied art and design at Ealing (now the University of West London). He designed many of the Queen album covers, including their crest. Oh and he has a great voice. I know I've said that already but it cannot be stressed enough. He combined the zodiac signs of every member to make their coat of arms. Pretty cool if you ask me.

I think his representation on BoRhap was great and Rami Malek (the actor that played him) did such an amazing job at replicating his every move and mannerisms.

Although he doesn't look 100% like Freddie his choreography and performance was so so good. He also managed to sound a lot like Fred and has a very good british accent despite being american. Rami really deserved the Oscar. He is so great.

One of my small issues with the film, although I really really love it, is that they barely ever really focused on his healthy and loving relationship with Jim Hutton and instead intensely focused on his unhealthy relationships with Paul Prenter (we hate Paul) and his previous relationship with Mary Austin.

Although Jim and Freddie never married as they met shortly before Freddie's death in 1991, they referred to themselves as husbands and Jim was certainely the best for him amongst all the others. Jim was so so supportive of him and amazing. But the movie was great.

That's my only complaint about it, besides the fact that some of the timeline is skewed (but that's fine, I get they had to make it all flow properly), that they left out some interesting details that would have been great to add, and that Roger Taylor's hair never changed.

But it's an excellent movie still.

Freddie!!

Rami!!