Chapter 13: 2 Weeks together(2/2)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Talking"
'Thinking'
~Time Skips~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Monday~

3rd POV:
Jasper walked around the apartment looking for Seth. He has just woken up from a nap about 3 minutes ago and was hungry..

"Seth?"

Jasper paused in the hallway, yawning. Looking around Sadly.

'Was he leaving today?'

Jasper walked towards the kitchen, noticing 3 butterflies on the counter..
"Do you know where Seth is?"

The 3 butterflies flew over to a piece of paper, landing beside it.

Jasper's POV:
"Hm?"

I shuffled over to the paper, noticing that it's from Seth. I picked it up, and started reading it,

To Jasper,

My dad couldn't bring the school work for this week, so I went to go get it.
I should be back around 3:00 PM.

L-
From Seth

I sighed, putting the paper down..
'He's not leaving yet..'

I turned around, leaning on the Counter as I looked towards my feet.
'I've gotten so used to him being here, I don't know if I want him to leave.. '

~Tuesday~

I sat up on my bed, looking towards my windows, thinking of the butterflies.

'They've followed me for years, but I don't even know why they do it..'

I laid back down, sighing.

'Maybe, Seth knows..'

~Wednesday~

3rd POV:
"Hey Seth, Can I ask you something?"

Seth continued working on his worksheet, as he nodded.

".. Do you know why a bunch of butterflies would follow someone?"
Jasper shifted a bit, hoping he wouldn't be seen as crazy.

"Hm.. You mean like that one legend?"

Jasper looked up at him confused..
"Legend? What legend..?"

Seth glanced up at Jasper a bit shocked that he didn't know the legend, but didn't push it..
Instead, he put continued his work and cleared his throat..

"Well, it's technically just regarded as legend cause it's been awhile since it's been seen. Almost everyone knows it's true though."

Seth flipped his worksheet and started working on the back.

"Basically though, it was said that butterflies would follow Avians around that were pure of heart.
Usually as guides or other situations. No really knows why it would happen, but there were many theories."

Jasper faced Seth fully.

"Wait, what do you mean it's been a long time?"

"People started seeing the butterflies less & less.. Although there's many theories of why, it's never really known what happened. Although I'm pretty sure I figured out why awhile ago"

Seth grabbed his sharpener and started sharpening his pencil.

"Huh? You figured out why?"

Seth put his sharpener down and continued his worksheet.

"Well maybe, I did a research project at my old school, Sophomore year. From the times the butterflies started being seen less, which was around the time that the world started learning to do stuff with electricity."