~Chapter three~

~JJ's POV~

John B told woke me up today telling me how we're going to Lana Grub's house to see if she has any answers about the compass, since scooter had it. He wanted Azaleà to come too, he keeps telling the group that she could be good for us and she's not like any other kook.

Honestly, I think he's mackin on each other, but Azaleà doesn't seem like that type of person. I mean she gets all defensive if we even mention that prick son of a bitch, she calls her boyfriend. Whatever though she can live her life how ever she wants too I couldn't care less, unless it effects me.

All the pogues seem to like her though and John B can tell i'm still skeptical. We arrived to her house and JB gave me the job of going to get her, he thinks I need to be more welcoming and nice to her. He told me the backdoor should be unlocked, and I got out of the twinkie to wander over towards the back.

I end up finding her back deck with two huge glass doors. Looking into there seeing the open living room, filled with expensive items. I look over on the couch to see a body figure passed out completely. 

I invited myself in to carefully open the door not to startle the person. I walk cautiously over to the couch to see a girl deep in sleep. I examined her face and body language, she didn't look too well. Her bracelets were now off and I saw some red puffy lines filled with dry blood. What on earth was going on inside her head?

Dry blood coming from her wrists, even her whole arm was covered in cuts. The way she was positioned onto the couch, she looked uncomfortable, but almost peaceful. I took a couple steps back to softly ask,"Azaleà?"

She didn't move so I bent down to my knees and said with a little louder voice. "Princess? Wake up. We need you love." 

She shot her head up instantly, rubbing her eyes to meet face to face with me. "JJ? What the hell, you can't just show up her like that," the tone in her voice was panicked, she got quickly from the grey couch and winced at pain. This was concerning me a whole lot, that doesn't happen a lot. I couldn't keep my eyes off her as she held her ribs and closed the doors behind me.

I noticed she quickly covered her wrists again. She widened her eyes and tilted her head. "Wh-Why are you..here," She asked with a deep breath. "John B wanted you to join him and I to go see if Lana knows anything about the compass. But that can wait, what the hell did you do to your wrists Azaleà?" I asked I never would of guessed that I would be caring about a kook, right now.

"nothing," she shrugged still holding her ribs, now looking down at her feet. I walked up to her raising my brow at her, that caught her attention and she looked back up at me. I knew it wasn't nothing, she looks like she just met my dad.

"Azaleà, it's not nothing," I continued, I took another step forward to meet her soft green eyes. But instantly took a step back as her eyes became dark in angrier.

"If I say its nothing, its nothing. You don't need to go all mom on me blondie, I'll be ready in five minutes," she scoffs heading up her spiral stair cases.

I walk back out the the Twinkie where John B was waiting and looked at me. "where's Azaleà? What did you do JJ?" 

"nothing bro, she'll be out in five," I was still in shock about the way she look. What could of happened? Did she get into a fight? Are her parents abusive? Or was it Rafe? Rafe would make more sense to me, because of how defensive she gets as well as what happened at the kegger. When he grabbed her, threw his drink on her, but on top of that I used the word abusive on her and she flipped.

"Dude are you good, cuz you look confused," John B stated. "What's Azaleà's relationship with Rafe like?" I blurted. 

He just raised his brow and thought for a second. "ummm. all I know is that she said she didn't want to be seen at the Cameron's getting the gear, then saying she didn't want to argue with Rafe. But she kinda brushed what she said off quickly. Then when she brung up him she wouldn't go into detail, she just said something quick then made an excuse to do something. Other than that I have no clue, why you ask?"