Chapter 25: Like Father Like Daughter

"Who are you?" Kaushiki squinted at the girl standing him off, "Your chakra is familiar."

The girl had unruly purple hair that was in cornrows on her head. On her ears, there were many piercings that complimented her father. Her eyes will be deep purple and full of grit and anger.

As Kaushiki stared at her, his eyes widened as he recognized the signature.

"You are the offspring of my eldest brother," he said surprised.

The girl smirked as she hung over her shoulders.

"Not quite," she smirked before lunging at him and activating finger guns that she shot projectile water at him.

She was too fast for him to catch as he shot multiple white chakra spears towards the direction. But unlike Asami, the girl was smart and grabbed Asami from the ground and brought her away from a safe distance. After all, she had so much to live for. Just a week ago she gave birth to a son, Kido. Her husband was the heir to the Inuzuka clan and she the heiress. But she knew she was still an Uzumaki and she prided herself on that.

Noticing her distance from him, he scuffed and grew confident over her.

"Scared little girl," he mocked, "you don't wanna fight me?"

As the girl smiled, she glanced behind her and then back to him.

"My name is Kyurei Inuzuka of the Uzumaki clan and I am not afraid of you."

Confused, he tilted his head as he observed her, "then why do you cower?"

Kyurei smiled again as she supported Asami on her shoulder.

"It's because I do not want to get in her way," she smirked before revealing a large toad summoning behind her.

As Kaushiki stood back surprised, his eyes scaled up the toad and up to the woman that stood upon it. As he scanned her face, he saw anger and determination. He knew who she was. She was the Princess of Konoha. Princess of Mount Myoboku. The Byakugan Princess. Daughter of Sun and Moon. Daughter of the Hokage. She was Himawari Uzumaki.

"Now a real challenge!" he smiled as he looked up to her and smirked.

She maintained an unamused frown as she looked down on him. Himawari had no plan of letting him leave this fight alive. She craved vengeance for her brother. Nostalgically like her father, Himawari wore a short sleeve yellow coat with a black flame pattern around the hem and a large scroll carried on her back. Around her neck was a black headband with the shinobi alliance symbol and around her eyes were orange eye shadow-like markings and her eyes a glowing yellow with toad-like pupils.

Kyurei become amused as she saw a little fear in Kaushiki's eyes. Suddenly there was a burst of bronze light that began to illuminate from her as her eyes changed into something of a cross and her entire body and clothes were in a blinding bronze light. This was he ichibi toad sage mode, just like her father before in the fourth shinobi war. Staring in her eyes, you could see a cross form as veins stretched from them. She had the power of the one-tail, toad sages, and Byakugan all at once. Her chakra was off the charts as everyone on the battlefield looked to her direction as she challenged Kaushiki.

"You will die like your brother before you!" Kaushiki assured.

With those words, Himawari's eyes narrowed and her nose scrunched up in a wolf-like fashion. She was pissed.

Himawari becomes enraged, and conjures a twistor, which Kaushiki is able to nullify with his Shinra Tensei. She then jumps to the ground and breaks up the earth and hurl it at Kaushiki, who is able to evade most of it. Distracted, Kaushiki suffers a punch from Himawari and is subsequently buried by the debris. Kaushiki emerges, and Himwari's transformation escalates, causing her to grow a tail from her cloak and that aids her movements. Her chakra is influenced by her anger. Kaushiki proceeds to destroy the ground beneath them, unleashing the water beneath.

In her ichibi form, Himwari continues her assault on Kaushiki, firing continuous Tailed Beast Balls which Himawari manages to deflect with Shinra Tensei. Himawari then decides to stop her attack as Kaushiki wonders if that is all she is capable of, HImawari then takes advantage of Kaushiki's five-second interval to fire more continuous Tailed Beast Balls, striking Kaushiki. Himawari then lunges towards Kaushiki, who attempts to repel her with his SHinra Tensei; however, the attack has no effect on her and she is able to strike him once more. Himwari fires a Tailed Beast Ball at Kaushiki who attempts to counter it with Bansho Ten'in, causing an explosion, to which Kyurei shields an unconscious Asami from the blow.

Meanwhile, Kaushiki begins to flee his position on the battleground for a higher ground as Himawari chases him. Himwari then fires One-Tail Beam at Kaushiki, who shields himself with Shinra Tensei. Using the earth itself, Kaushiki creates a moon-like sphere, which draws in Himawari and traps her within. With her growing anger, the one-tail grows unstable and she is able to break out in a more raccoon-like form.

As her power grows unstable, Himawari thinks about her big brother. About what he would see to her right now. She remembers her childhood with him. How he struggled with own immense power against foes that threatened their very existence.

Calming herself, her form grew more controlled and she activated her sage mode as she followed her brother's comforting words in her heart.

Kaushiki is stunned to see Himawari's control and inability to contain her. Seeing her in Sage Mode, Kaushiki is surprised by the sudden turn of events and ponders whether she has attained full control over her beast in order to quell it and activate Sage Mode at the same time. As Himawari prepares to defeat Kaushikim she notices the destruction around her. She frowns and then directs her efforts directly at Kaushiki.

"You are finished, Kaushiki," Himawari declares.

Kaushiki stares back at her in disgust and then smirks sinisterly. Curious as to his next move, Himwari stands ready on top of Shukaku.