big fake smiles and stupid lies, while deep inside your bleeding.

tommy had never been the favourite in his family, he had one older brother named andrew, and in they're parents eyes. he was perfect.

tommy always came second to his brother, andrew made an achievement, his parents thought it was the best thing ever, tommy made an achievement, he could do better next time.

considering how tommys parents treated him, his online friends were the closest thing to family he'd ever had.
he was tired of getting andrews hand me down clothes. he was tired of cleaning the house instead of his brother. he was tired of getting blamed for his brothers problems. he was tired of getting hit and yelled at for stuff that wasn't his fault. he was just so tired, and he felt so unbelievably alone.

when he met tubbo it was great, he finally had someone to talk to. when he got added to the dream smp, it was probably his greatest achievement in his opinion, probably the most exciting thing that had ever happened to him. when wilbur started to talk to tommy outside of streams, tommy really thought his life was turning around, he was so happy to finally have something that was just his.
he'd never tell anyone that. he'd never tell anyone that he was tired of living in his real brothers shadow. and he'd never ever tell anyone that he thought of phil techno and wilbur as family. tommy knew they didn't feel that was about tommy, he was simply a forced add-on in their eyes. but tommy was okay with that, because as long as he had people he could finally look up to, he was content.

and then the inevitable happened.
tommys brother found out that tommy was cutting himself, and next thing tommy knew, he was the next laughing stock of the school. he was so humiliated. as soon as tommy saw his brothers snapchat story, he knew he was in for a hell of a year.
he'd never wanted to die so bad. but of course, like always, tommy had no one to talk to. so he was alone once again, he couldn't go spill to wilbur or techno that he was cutting himself and that his parents hated him and abused him and he had a real life brother that hates him to and he posted online that tommy cuts himself and now the whole school hates and alienates him. he would never say that to anyone.

all of the things that happen to tommy chip away at him, eating him from the inside out. all of tommys friends saw it, whenever he'd stream he was always in a bad mood, he was never up for calls anymore, he sucked at responding to texts, he'd never turn his camera on, he was always tired. no one really cared, everyone just immediately assumed it was puberty just because they were older than him. no one really saw the signs besides wilbur. tommy was so grateful when wilbur would ask if he was okay and telling him that he was always able to talk to him. but tommy would never tell him the truth, in their eyes, he was just a happy kid, tommy wishes they weren't so far off.

when wilbur offered for tommy to go with everyone to brighton for the first time, he'd never felt the same excitement shoot through his body. he wishes that he'd have the heart to say no, tommy didn't know why he was letting himself get so close to them. he knew he was a lost cause, but they were so adamant, so he went.
he begged his dad for hours to drive him there, and his dad almost made him walk. but wilbur wanted to meet his dad or his mom. so his dad was forced to go, and boy was he pissed, as soon as they got in the car he knew he was in for it when he got home.

(pov change)

"should i just take the train home?" i ask as i watch the trees go by outside the car.

"yes. i'm not coming back out here because your brother has a football game, so i can't stay for long." my dad says,

i fight the urge to sigh.
"okay" i say.

(time skip)

i open the passenger side door quickly and slam it shut, flinching as i know i'm gonna be dead as soon as i get home, i immediately look to my dad to see if he looked mad, and he waved my over with his finger.