Chapter 13

•••

A funeral was arranged for both King Viserys and baby Visenya. They were both wrapped in a manner similar to that of Queen Aemma and baby Baelon. Rhaenyra was crying the whole time. Alicent shed a few tears for her husband.

For both women, it felt like a whole deja vu to the funeral of Queen Aemma and Baelon. Alicent looking at Rhaenyra with sadness and Rhaenyra being comforted by Daemon.

Y/N was crying beside her siblings, a bit behind Rhaenyra and Daemon with Alicent in line with them but at a certain distance. Alicent's children stood a bit behind alongside their grandsire, even Jaehaerys and Jaehaera were present, clinging onto Helaena. The council and Kingsguard were present as well, alongside a few nobles. Everyone's dragons were present.

Aemond walks behind to his betrothed. "Aōha muñar jorrāelagon ao sir, tolī than mirre." He says, placing his hands on her shoulders. (Your parents need you now, more than ever.)

"Pōnta emagon va moriot jeldan nykeā tala brōstan Visenya. Nyke jaelagon naejot brōzi issa tala lo nyke istan naejot emagon mēre, Visenya, isse rigle hen issa mandia." Y/N says, a few tears spilling from her eyes. (They have always wanted a daughter named Visenya. I want to name my daughter, if I were to have one, Visenya, in honor of my sister.)

Y/N then looks up to Aemond, who then gives her a chaste kiss on her forehead and a small rub on her shoulders. Y/N walks nearer to where Viserys's and Visenya's corpses lay.

"Meraxes, māzigon." Y/N calls out to her dragon. (Meraxes, come.)

Meraxes, ever the obedient and dutiful dragon, walks down on the hill, the smaller dragons made way for the now Queen of the Dragons.

"Dracarys!" Y/N commands as Meraxes obeys and burns the corpses of Viserys and Visenya with her fire.

Rhaenyra turns her head away as her daughter's dragon burns away the corpses of both her father and daughter, a few tears escaping her eyes.

Y/N turned to look at her mother. She felt sad for her mother and knew the effect of Visenya's death on her mother. A loss of one's child is a feeling she definitely does not wish to feel.

After the funeral, everyone went into a small grieving period, especially the royal family. Y/N was currently in her quarters, sitting on her daybed, embroidering the Targaryen sigil onto her youngest siblings's, Aegon and Viserys, clothes. She then heard a knock on her door.

"Come." She calls out, not taking her eyes away from her embroidery.

"The Prince Consort, Daemon Targaryen, your grace." A knight announced.

Daemon enters his daughter's quarters as the knight gave a bow then left the room, closing the door. Y/N still did not remove her eyes away from the embroidery.

"Tala." Daemon calls out to his daughter.

"I am still not talking to you." Y/N says, not looking at her father.

Daemon sighs as he sits on the daybed opposite of Y/N. Y/N, stops embroidering, but she looked anywhere but her father.

"Are we going to keep doing this till it is my corpse to be burnt by your dragon?" Daemon asks, sarcasm in his tone.