Chapter 12

•••

As Y/N entered the library, it was quiet and a few maesters were seated at the tables. Y/N came to the library to find a book that was mostly written about Queen Rhaenys' dragon riding life with Meraxes.

Y/N scanned throughout the shelves, even asking some of the maesters for some help, but to her dismay the book was impossible to be found.

"This is hopeless!" Y/N exclaimed as she took a random book from a shelf but was quite stuck.

"What?" Y/N had a face of confusion as she tried to pull the book, but it felt like something or someone was pulling it from the other side as well.

"I grabbed the book first." She raises her voice towards the person.

"No, you did not. I did!" A man's voice, whom she did not quite hear because it was bit muffled, tells her.

Y/N then pulls the book with both of her hands. "Unhand it, you fool!" She says as she finally pulls the book from the man's grasp.

She smirks as she peeks through the hole where the book was once, only to be met with Aemond's glare. As soon as they saw each other, they immediately widened their eyes.

"Aemond! I did not recognize your voice. My deepest apologies." Y/N says, her tone laced with concern

"No, no. I'm sorry, my princess." Aemond says, matching Y/N's tone, but she shook her head.

"Here, I can find another book instead." Y/N says, giving the book to Aemond.

It was Aemond's turn to shake his head. "No, I have read that book too many times to count. It is your turn now." He says.

"What if we were to read it together?" Y/N suggests.

"That would be wonderful, my princess." Aemond smirks as he guides Y/N out of the library.

•••

Y/N was currently sitting underneath the Weirwood tree with Aemond's head resting on her lap with his good eye closed as he listened to his beloved read the book in High Valyrian as it was written in such.

"I am at peace whenever I hear you speak the tongue of our ancestors." Aemond says.

"Oh, iksis bona sīr, ñuha dārilaros?" Y/N teases Aemond as she flips through the pages of the book. (Oh, is that so, my prince?)

Aemond hums in agreement. As Y/N began to continue her reading, they were interrupted by a small cough from Ser Criston Cole. Y/N and Aemond immediately stood up.

"My prince and princess, the queen has requested both of your presences in His Majesty, the King's quarters." He says.

"Did she say why?" Y/N asked.

"No, my princess." Ser Criston replied.

"Very well then, come on, my love." Y/N nods towards Ser Criston then she leads Aemond out of the courtyard towards her grandsire's room.

Once they arrived, most of the royal family were already there. Y/N immediately ran to her siblings as did Aemond to his.

"What has happened?" Y/N whispers to Jace.