Chapter 1

"Help me. Please, anyone!" He heard a voice coming from behind him. It sounded of a young girl, no older than the age of 10.

He whipped his head around to see the silhouette of her. She was holding her head in her hands crying out of pain. He jumped up and ran to aid the young girl.

"What's wrong?" He asked brushing her hair out of her face.

"I just came to find my moms gravestone to give her flowers. Usually I come on Saturdays, since Sundays are school nights, but dad was working late last night, so we came tonight. He's in the car, he can't get his cast wet. I came to put flowers down but I tripped and hit my head and it really hurts." She looked up at him.

"Well let's get you back to your dad so you can get better, Huh?" She nodded and went to stand up. He picked her up, not wanting her to fall again and brought her back to the car who's headlights were bright. The window rolled down and a man yelled out.

"Katherine, what's the matter." he said worriedly.

"I hit my head daddy. But this man helped me." The car unlocked and he placed the girl, Katherine, back in the car.

"Thank you. It means a lot." The man looked worried. He must be afraid of losing his daughter like he lost his wife, i would be too. The man thought to himself. He nodded his head and smiled closing the door. He quickly ran back to his car and sat for a while. He never got a good look at either the girl or her father, but they didn't seem as if they were from around where he lived.

It was a pretty small town, it's hard to not know everyone.

*

After a long while of sitting in the rain, he decided to head home. If you can even call it that. It was only him. His lover and child were no longer there. Just him, all alone.

He slowly turned out of the cemetery and headed towards the local bar. Turning into the near empty parking lot, he turned off the engine, placing his hand on the car handle. Taking a deep breath, he ran into the bar trying to not get soaked.

The bell dinged, announcing his entrance into the all too familiar place.

"Chrriisss, what's up man? How've you been?" The bartender yelled from across the room. The man, chris, gave a small smile and waved before sitting down at the bar.

"Your usual, I'm assuming?" The bartender asked, grabbing a glass. Chris nodded his head and turned his head toward the TV screen, showing the news.

"Crazy night tonight. I'm surprised you still went out." He laughed and grabbed the cup the was just placed in front of him.

"Of course I came out tonight. They were the only family I had left, Tyler. You know that."

"Ya I know, I'm sorry. It's just really bad. You should get headed home." Chris nodded his head And reached towards his wallet.

"It's on the house. Now the faster you get out the faster I can close up. C'mon." Both of the men laughed. Chris thanked him once more and headed back to his car. The rain was worse than it was before. He reached the car and turned on his windshield wipers, adjusting his headlights so he would be able to see through the dark rain.

He turned down the street and headed back to the ever so lonely house.

*

Tyler began to clean up the bar, keeping the TV on for background noise. As he was drying the glasses he turned his head to the screen. As he did, a news update appeared, talking of a car crash.

He slowly put the glass down, placing both hands on the counter and focusing all his attention on the screen.

It talked of a man and a young girl, who crashed into a pole along side of the road. Similar to the crash of Chris's wife, both times, there was only one surviver.

*

Chris went as fast as he could go down the road that wouldn't cause him danger. He kept changing the radio station, simply hoping to find a program that was clear.

"- the storm isn't going anywere, folks. Please try to stay off the road as much as possible. The storm is only getting worse. If you're on the roads, -"

Frustrated, Chris slammed the radio and turned it off. Taking the back roads home seemed to be the safest way to avoid accidents.

As he turned down the narrow road leading to his house, he slowed down. He saw headlights of a car, moving extremely slow. Or maybe it wasn't moving at all?

As he approached the car, he realized it wasn't moving at all. Instead of leaving and going home, he turned off the car and ran to the other.

"Hello? Is everybody okay?" He yelled over the loud rain. His eyes squinted as he bent over to look inside the windows of the car. Through the drivers window, he saw a man. As he looked closer, he recognized the man. Gasping, he ran the back window, hoping he was wrong.

"No, no, no-" he reached for his phone in his pocket and quickly dialed the buttons. Neither of the two in the car were moving. And he had no idea if they were even breathing. Placing the phone to his ear, after two rings, they picked up.

"911, what's your emergency?"

-------------------------------------------------------

Ahh my new book! This is what I have been working on instead of my summer work, oops? Hope you guys are enjoying it so far! Vote, comment, and share!

Teaser: hospital visit! And we meet a new character!

I love you all!!

-Emxx