Chapter 2- 'Mama Bear & her Lion Cubs'

I felt like throwing my alarm clock across the room when it went off @ 7am but contemplated how I would have to waddle to get a new one. I wasn't up for that; instead, I turned it off & turned my head to the left because Lord knows rolling wasn't an option anymore.

I snuggled in bed again only to hear a knock on the door.

"Ms. Foster, can I come in?"

I missed my secluded quiet apartment especially because sleep evaded me all night because of this damn crying, I responded

"yes, come in"

I sounded defeated but shortly after in came my helper, my mother & the wedding planner. The helper got to work as my mother with outstretched arms shouted, "How are my babies today!?" noticing my tears she switched gears & toned down; turning to the wedding planner she gently waved her hand to ask her to give us a minute, by this my hormones had taken over. I was a woman, but I still felt like a child around her. She sat on my plush bed & started stroking my hair while tears starting streaming down my cheeks.

"Are you ok?"

I glanced up at her

"I'm ok mom, it's just the hormones"

She knew I was lying, she started wiping my cheeks

"How are you feeling?"

I turned on my back & inhaled deeply

"I feel lost, I was used to the idea of one baby & now I find out I have two. I don't even know how to take care of myself. I killed my goldfish! & I haven't even seen Demetri around the house in a week"

She stared at me with loving eyes

"Baby I understand that you feel overwhelmed, this is so wonderful u have no idea how happy this makes me feel to be a grandparent & to experience this with u. It takes a village to raise a family & you have a village! We are all here for you. So, chin up my beautiful daughter you are carrying a King & Queen. Now let's focus on this wedding, our babies aren't coming fa now oh I wish Ur father was here he would've painted a whole nursery"

Somehow hearing her made me feel so much better I smiled & said OK. She was so excited she flew up

"Come on we got work to do get up & get a shower!"

With outstretched hands she helped me up.

After I finished showering, I felt so much better, but my mind couldn't help but wonder, where was Demetri? Why has he been MIA since my last ultrasound?

I came out to see my mom & the planner around the coffee table looking at pieces & pictures. She noticed I was passing so she smiled her motherly smile & told me to hurry. Despite everything my mom had my back & she was right! What the hell I was worried about?

While getting dressed I saw the maid passing the door, I shouted

"Any sign Of Demetri?"

She nodded

"No Ms. Foster" then she kept it moving.

Where on earth could he be? What could be so important that he chooses to disappear for a solid week? I was almost fully dressed when my mom shouted royal blue or baby blue? Then I remembered my task at hand.