CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

THE AWKWARD NIGHT.

The next day,they left for work together as usual. They didn't talk much except for "good morning", "pass me the eggs please" when they were having break fast.

Later during the day,Leylah was in Ibraheem's room at the hospital,reading him a novel when her phone rang.

when she checked the caller and saw that it was Suraj,she kept the novel she was  reading and said to Ibraheem
"excuse me Ibraheem,I'll be right back okay". Then she went out of the room before she answered the call
"hey" she said in a gentle voice.

"Mother just called that she has arrived at the house". Suraj told her casually.

"Wh...what? didn't she say she was coming tomorrow?" Leylah asked in shock of his revelation.

"She said she got bored and decided to come visit earlier" Suraj answered.

"You wanted her to come soon,so why does it seem like you're bothered?" Suraj asked when he heard her troubled voice.

"Yes, I know. But what will mum say?  what room will she stay in?"

" What will she say when she find out that we are staying in separate rooms?" Leylah asked feeling very troubled.

"And whose fault is that?" Suraj said nonchalantly and Leylah rolled her eyes. She couldn't say anything because it was her idea that they stayed in separate bedrooms.

"When she called to tell me earlier,I called Jummai to come clean up the house. I also told her to move your stuff to my room. So you don't have to worry".

"Goodness! Why didn't you say this earlier?I was almost going out of my mind here. Thanks,I'll call her now". Leylah said and was about hanging up the call when Suraj asked.

"Where are you? You weren't in your office and I couldn't find you around".he inquired.

"Eh?"

"Oh! I get it. You are with him. Enjoy your time with your fiancé my dear wife" Suraj said,his voice full of sarcasm and hung up the phone immediately.

Jummai is their domestic help,they have her come during the weekends to clean up the whole house and leave. As they were busy working through out the whole week and they won't have the time to take care of the house properly.

Suraj and Leylah left work early that day as they had a guest at home waiting for them.
When they arrived home, Mrs Karina was already in the kitchen making dinner for them.

"Welcome mum. I missed you so much" Leylah said hugging her mother tightly.

"Come on Leylah, it's only been a month. Stop acting as if its been a year" Mrs Karina teased her daughter as she hugged her back.

It's been a month since Leylah and Suraj got married. Mrs Karina missed her daughter but she didn't want to disturb the newly wed. So she decided to wait a while before visiting them.

Leylah couldn't visit her mother because she was always busy at the hospital and didn't have much time. She goes to work very early and comes back late everyday.

She always whined and complained about how she has missed her mother when they spoke on phone,so Mrs Karina decided to come visit them and she was happy to see them.

"Welcome mother,why did you bother yourself  cooking? You should be resting not cooking" Suraj said as he hugged Mrs Karina.

"Yes mum,you're our guest and we should be the ones cooking for you. That's why we came back early" Leylah said in agreement to Suraj's words.