Part 3: A smidge of belief

"Lady Bone Queen! Hello?" Bai He scans the rainforest, noticing rivers pass by with wildlife, it was ironic how much life there was. "LADY BONE QUEEN? HELLOOO??" Bai He runs back and forth for her but finds nothing. "What- Where is she? She has to be here!" Bai He drops to the floor, pulling her knees to her chest, "Ugh! I really thought- *Sigh*" Bai heard something rumble below her like something would burst out. "What the-" A skeleton arm pops up and grabs her leg from the ground. "AAH! GET OFF! GET OFF!" She kicks the arm and jumps back to her feet.

The skeleton pushed up until the waist up was revealed, the skeleton had ancient armour on with blue light glowing from inside its skull. "SKELETON SOLDIER!" Bai grabs a nearby stick and waves it like a sword. "UH- LEAD ME TO YOUR QUEEN OR I SMITE YOU! AND TRUST ME YOU DON'T WANT TO GET SMITTEN!" Multiple hands and skulls surround her, everywhere she looked, bones were rising. The entire island was like a graveyard. "Oh no. UH, LADY BONE QUEEN!"

The majority of the skeletons were already freed with swords ready, "WAIT! SOMEONE STOLE YOUR SCYTHE! I CAN WIELD IT! I'M NOT A THREAT! DON'T KILL ME!" The skeletons all freeze, sinking back into the dirt. Bai He hears whispering in front of her, "Bai He..." She followed the sound into a hollow cave, the whispers grew louder as Bai stood before a small hut, it was quaint with very little decoration except for a dead plant next to the front door. "Bai He..." the whisper came from below this time. Bai froze, praying it wasn't another soldier. She looks down to see light blue mist surrounding her.

Bai He hops back, the mist rises into a minuscule tornado, whispers overlapping each other as a figure forms from inside. The figure was dressed in a white and pale blue hanfu with a violet waist strap and a white ribbon floating around her body, beneath her arms, and had black hair with the top layer wrapped up around a bone bun holder. She had a purple standing collar and a white chest plate over her torso. Along with her black eyes, she paired them with violet lipstick and eyeshadow.

"Lady Bone Queen!?" Bai He falls on her butt as she gazes at the deity before her. The Bone Queen gives a soft giggle, "Yes, it is me. Now, what brings you here?" Bai's eyes water as she remembers everything that happened before. "Um, hello?" Bai He bursts into tears, "I'M SO SORRY!! I tried giving it back, but Macaque took it! He had this weird-looking glove and-" Bone Queen kneels to Bai's eye level, "Hey, hey! It's okay! I saw the whole thing that happened at the shipwrecks."

Bai wipes her tears, "You saw? How did you..." "My spirit form. It blends well with mist." Bone Queen turns into blue mist once again, flying around Bai before turning back into her human form in front of her. "Woah! You're cooler than I expected!" Bone Demon smiles, "Oh, and you're sweeter than I expected! You're perfect." Bai's smile drops with confusion, "Perfect for what?" Bone Queen pulls Bai up to her feet, "For being my successor!" A few seconds of silence echo in the cave before Bai He bursts out laughing, "HA! Sad joke, Miss Bone Queen! As if I could be taught by someone as great as you!"

"I was not joking." Bai He processes that, "Wait- You want me!? Oh no, no, no! I came to return it! Sure, I would love to work with you but I have very little experience-" "I understand that, BUT, you have fought a demon and you haven't died. As well as being able to wield my Scythe, not just anyone can carry it." Bai He gets a little more confused, "Wait, but- What about the Monkey King? Aren't you gonna help?" Bone Queen sighs, "I avoid being outside of Bone Island. It puts me in a lot more danger than staying "Missing". But I trust you can handle him on your own."

"You sure? I don't know if I can." Bone Queen places her hands on Bai He's shoulders, "If you can lift my Scythe, you can use it. You just have to believe in yourself. Even a smidge makes all the difference." Bai He smiles, "Alright! ...But how do I get back?" The Lady Bone Queen ponders that, her eyes glow blue as she looks past Bai, "Your friends are still nearby, in the ship. I can teleport you there." Bai He nods, "Ok! I'll see you soon?" Bone Queen gives a warm parting smile, "Yes, I'll notify you."