Chapter 4: New Story on the Shelf

The bike speeds through the demolished streets, crashes being heard all around. The two teens speed through on the bike, Red's helmet vanishes away, "So... where should we look?" Bai goes to answer but thinks for a bit, "Uh..." Bai spots a blue glow in a distant street, she points to it. "There! That should be it!" Red revs up the bike, turning into the nearby street. Bai hears laughter behind them, "Oh no." MK drops in front of them, blocking the roadway,  Red brakes the bike. MK giggles as he sees the two, "Hehe! I see you survived the crash."

Bai raspberry blows at MK, and he groans, "I give you both one last chance to surrender. As you can see, we've already won." Bai steps off the bike to speak directly, "I will never! I'll kick both you and your dad's butts!" MK snarls, "Have it your way." MK charges forward, preparing to swing his staff. Before he can strike, a metal pipe bonks him on the head, and he gets pushed off to the side. Bai looks up to see Red Son with the pipe, she turns to MK on the floor, "Ohoho! You got Red mad! You better stay down!"

Red gives Bai the pipe, pulls her back onto the bike and speeds off while they have the chance. MK pulls himself back up, rubbing the struck spot on his head. "Those pricks!" MK jumps on his cloud and follows behind. Bai laughs while gripping Red's waist, "You got him good! That was badass!" Red chuckles at that, Red overhears strong winds behind them, "Looks like that wasn't enough! Hold on tight!" Red speeds through the streets, turning into an alleyway, Bai grips for dear life as the bike moves faster than she could handle.

Red sees the blue glow getting brighter at the end of the alleyway, "There's the Scythe!" The bike zooms out of the alleyway and heads straight towards the glow. MK spots the Scythe ahead of them, "No!" MK chucks the staff in front of the bike. The impact knocks the two off and back onto the cracked concrete. They see the bike and MK fly over them in opposing directions. MK grabs the staff and faces the two on the floor. He walks up to Bai, lifting the staff, "I am done playing games with you. Time to end this."

Bai braces herself for impact, MK feels something bonk his head on the opposing side. The area's silent for a second, "Huh- AAGH!" MK gets tackled by Red Son, she grabs the pipe and repeatedly wacks him. Bai sits up to get a clearer view of the beating. "Whu- Red!" Red turns to Bai, "Go get the Scythe! Now!" Bai nods and runs off to the blue glow. Red gets kicked back by MK, he jumps onto his feet, "Feisty, aren't you?" Red stands back up, holding the pipe, "I'm not letting you lay another finger on Bai. You want her? Get through me first."

MK smirks at his opponent's determination,  "Heh, this will be fun." MK drops the staff and charges forward. Red blocks both of his arms with the pipe, pushing him back and moving forward to strike. MK repeatedly dodges and jabs Red's arm. Red smacks the side of MK's head in the same spot. MK growls at them, kicking their gut, Red drops to her knees. MK turns back in Bai's direction before he could run, Red grips onto MK's tail and spins MK in a circle and chucks them onto the floor.

Bai dashes forward, moving closer and closer to the glow and finally spotting the Scythe, reaches her arms forward to grab the Scythe, but a barrier blocks her way. "What!?" She attempts to push again but the barrier pushes her back. "C'mon! Let me in!" Bai attempts one last time, pushing against the barrier with all her might, her arms slowly move past until she finally grips the Scythe. A mini explosion erupts, and Bai falls to the floor with the Scythe in her hands, she overhears Red behind her and runs back to them.

Red falls on his back and winces at the growing pain in their body, MK laughs above her, "Is that all you got?" Red grabs the pipe to chuck it again, MK catches the pipe and chucks it to the side. Red grunts as she attempts to pull herself up, MK points the staff to her face. "Hehe. Ya know? Baba used to tell tales about who you were before. That you were all powerful and destructive." Red rises himself, using their arms as support, MK uses the end of their staff to lift her chin to face him.