Watching and Waiting

Tommy was partially convinced that it was all a dream... that when he awoke, Bad would be gone and he would be laying on the grainy, warm sand... suffering from hypothermia as tiny waves lapped at his shoes.

But that didn't happen. He woke up in his father's hand, just as he had fallen asleep in it. Judging from the sun's position in the sky... he had only been asleep for an hour or two... But Bad had already drifted off into unconsciousness... The cold biting at the demon whose body couldn't adjust to it the way a human could.

Despite Bad being in a state of hibernation, his body had still stiffened, holding Tommy above the ground... 

The blonde wasn't afraid of the demon going limp and accidentally dropping him... He knew that he still had a few hours before that began... When Bad's muscles would drop all their tension as his body temperature faded away... his near-corpse assuming the same temperature as the air around him. In that sense, the demon was better adjusted than humans... Because the cold couldn't kill him the way it could freeze a human's blood in their veins...

...That would be nice... Tommy thought to himself ...Not having to worry about death...

Tommy thought about Bad and Skeppy's symbiotic relationship... Where Skeppy gained this huge, demonic being that would protect him with its life, while Bad gained the effect of immortality... and that would be nice... Where your own actions are rather non-consequential to your health... Hell, Tommy had seen Bad lose and regrow entire limbs! That would be fucking awesome!

... Only... He's bound to Skeppy for eternity. That's the only thing he technically has to handle with care. Bad might be a scary demon, but Skeppy, despite being made of diamonds, is considerably more fragile... And if Skeppy lost a life, they both would. But until then, Bad could die as many times as he wants in his own body, so long as he kept his husband safe.

While not possessing the capability, Tommy pondered the thought of who he would bind himself to if given the chance while climbing down his fathers stiff arms.

Tubbo would be the obvious choice... they had been through so much together and he already trusted Tubbo with his life... But... that was before all of this. Tubbo hadn't even shown up to visit him one god damn time...

Enough of that... Tommy had other things to worry about... like how he was going to wake his father up from his deep slumber...