The mysterious man

The next morning, Allen was still awake, and couldn't sleep at all. He was sitting on his sofa, watching the clock tick by, waiting for it to turn to seven. The feeling of anxiety and excitement was filling Allen's mind. Sitting on the sofa, standing up and looking at the clock closely, sitting at his dining table, playing his violin, and even waiting at the door; Allen couldn't stop feeling anxious.

Finally, as he was leaning at his door, clearing his mind, his alarm on his phone went off. He immediately opened the door and ran downstairs to the landlord's room.

Arriving at the doorstep, he knocked on the door. The door opens, surprising Allen. The person that opened the door was none other than Mr. Raymond.

"Mr. Raymond?", Allen asked, startled. "I was expecting you. Come inside.", Raymond said, letting Allen inside.

Raymond showed him to the dining area, where Ms. Bella was sitting. "I was told by Ms. Bella you were asking for the person who paid your rent, right?", Mr. Raymond said as they sat down at the dining table.

"Yeah, why did you pay for my rent? I turned away from you, out of all the good things you've given to us. Why did you help me?", Allen answered and asked.

"I was angry, of course! You were our star and you just left!", Mr. Raymond replied, furious. "I know you want more, kid, but you can't hurry life. Be happy with what you have, do not be greedy.", he added.

"I know, I know. I was full of myself, but you still didn't answer my question.", Allen replied. "Because I didn't.", Mr. Raymond answered, looking at his phone. "Perfect timing.", he added as he stood up and walked to the door.

Mr. Raymond opened the door, stepped out and called someone outside the building. Allen was still confused, shaking his head. Mr. Raymond came inside again, but with another person. Allen looked at Ms. Bella and she was looking at the door, smiling, waving her hand.

Allen was curious and looked at the door and for another surprise, his dad was beside Mr. Raymond. Allen slowly stood up from his chair, speechless.

"I'm sorry... I'm really sorry. I left you with your mom and even hid from you. I'm sorry Allen.", his dad said, slowly walking towards Allen. Allen was still star-struck, and couldn't move a muscle.

"You can cast me aside, hate me, but I'm still going to look after you, even at a distance.", his dad added. "Why didn't you tell me, you were here the whole time? Why did you hide from me?", Allen asked, crying.

"I don't want to give you any more problems. I left you and your mom and I thought that if I showed up to you, you would have gotten worse. I asked Raymond for help and recommended the two of you, but when I heard from Raymond you quit, I knew you needed help.", his dad answered.