Part 5

Billie Joe

"What!?" Tre fakes a sob, "No orange-mocha-frappuccino for me? I thought we had something, Billie. Now you have a new soul mate, and you don't even buy me frappuccinos!" He throws himself onto the beige couch in Adie's apartment, and I pet his head trying to console him. 

"It's okay Tre, we'll go another time." I say trying not to laugh.

"Well, I'm just going to go drown in my tears now." He gets up, rummages through the freezer for some ice cream, then makes his way to the spare bedroom, snickering. Oh Tre.

Adrienne walks from her bedroom into the living room, after being on a call for about half an hour. She walks in shaking her head at Tre and laughing. "Y'know you guys should respect Tre's woman-side." She jokes, and plops herself down in an armchair that matches the couch, closing her eyes. Mike and I are sitting on the loveseat together. I laugh and stare at Adrienne. She looks tired, and almost as if something's bothering her, but I don't really know how to ask what's wrong.

"Are you okay?" I ask, causing her to snap up and open her eyes quickly. "Sorry." I scratch the back of my neck, and run my hand through my blue hair.

"Oh sorry, I was just thinking, that's all." She says in an uneasy tone.

"Why don't you get some sleep? Mike and I are fine on our own. Then I'll go to bed later or something." I get up and start walking her to her room. I still find all the Green Day merch hilarious. Damn this chick's a hard core fan. I must admit, it was a bit terrifying this morning waking up to seeing my face on the ceiling.

I tuck her into her bed and kiss her on the cheek. "I love you Adie." She tenses up a bit. Maybe she's just not used to guys saying that? I ignore it.

"I.. love you to." She says smiling.

I leave the room, shutting the door and turning off the light. Mike's standing at the door with his coat on, looking like he's ready to go somewhere in a rush. 

"What's wrong, Mikey-boy?" I joke, but his face stays serious. "Uhh.. Mike?" I look up at him. Damn my shortness.

"I need to talk to you, can we go for a walk or something?" He asks with a straight face.

"Yeah sure, just let me grab my coat..." I say confused. I slip on my coat and shoes, then open the door, taking the apartment keys off of the key rack, in case we get locked out.

We walk for awhile through a small park, Mike's quiet, which means he's thinking, so I don't say anything. Instead I focus on my steps. There's an awkward tension between us, which is pretty unusual, and I can only think something's gone wrong.

"Look, Billie, I'll come right out and say it," he breaks the silence, "I think you're falling too hard for Adrienne." Falling too hard? What have I done that could possibly be making me fall too hard? Mike barely even knows what love is.

"How am I falling too hard? Are you jealous that I've finally got a girlfriend?" I say half-teasing. 

"No," he clears his throat, "I heard her talking to someone on the phone awhile ago." He explains, shuffling his feet in an awkward way.

"Yeah, she was talking  to one of her friends or something." I say confused. What's he talking about? Couldn't she just be having a normal conversation?

"I heard her. She seemed to be talking to an ex or something. It sounded like she may still be in love with him." Mike said with an apologetic look. What does he care? 

"So? I'm still in love with tons of my exes, that doesn't mean anything." I spit out, sounding a little meaner than intended.

"Look, Billie, I think you should just watch out, maybe don't take this relationship as fast as all your others." Mike explains.

That made me mad. He shouldn't care about my relationships at all. I quickly stop walking underneath a tree in the middle of the park, and turn on my heels to face Mike. He stops abruptly, and turns to me with a worried look. Good. He shouldn't be getting involved in my shit. I guess Mike's looking out for me, but I can handle relationships myself. 

"I DON'T NEED YOU TELLING ME HOW TO RUN MY LIFE, MIKE." I say in a stern, moderately loud voice.

"LOOK BILLIE, I'M JUST TRYING TO HELP." Mike says back in the same tone.

"JUST DON'T WORRY MIKE, Y'KNOW I CAN DAMN WELL HANDLE MYSELF WITHOUT YOU ACTING LIKE MY MOM." I retort.

"FUCK BILLIE, I'M SORRY. YOU'VE HAD YOUR HEART BROKEN SO MANY TIMES, AND YOU KNOW HOW MISERABLE IT MAKES EVERYONE AROUND YOU." Mike says glaring angrily.

"JUST STAY OUT OF MY LOVE LIFE MIKE, YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU LIKE A BROTHER, BUT REALLY I DON'T NEED ANY HELP WITH ANYTHING, I CAN FIGURE SHIT OUT ON MY OWN." I shove my hands in my pockets, and kick a rock.

"I'm sorry man." He says raising his hands submissively. 

We walk back to Adie's apartment in silence. What does Mike know about love? He's been in how many relationships? Seven? If that. Plus, he's always the one who fucks them up, cheating or something. Adie wouldn't cheat, though. Would she? Hell, I barely even know this girl.

We approach the building, and enter Adie's home quietly, as her and Tre are both asleep.

"Goodnight, Billie. I'm sorry man." Mike says, settling in on the couch. 

"Hmmph." Is what I muster out, before I walk back to Adrienne's bedroom, stripping down to my boxers and getting in bed with her. I lay in bed silently for awhile, staring at Adrienne. Would she cheat? And is it even considered cheating, I mean, I'm the new guy here. I love plenty of exes, like Amanda, Haushinka... even Gloria.

About an hour passes and I still can't sleep. I must have insomnia or something. I decide to get out of bed and grab a beer from the fridge, hopefully it'll intoxicate me slightly, and I'll be able to get some sleep. We have a show tomorrow, and I hate being at shows and just feeling drained. 

I drink the beer, feeling absolutely no effects, but decide to return to bed anyways. I'd drink more, but I really don't want to wake up with a hangover. I decide to go to bed, and try as hard as possible to sleep. I lay in Adrienne's white-sheet bed, with my eyes squeeze shut, and only hope that Mike is wrong.

(A/N) Sorry this took so long, I thought I published it last week. But comment, vote and share! <3