Lies

Braided Halo (Sweden x Abused!Reader) 6

You had stayed for a week at the 'Nordic 5' house. Tch. What a name. You had healed a bit since your encounter with the boy and you were trying and failing to not think about what your mother would do to you once you went back home. You knew you would have to, eventually. It was inevitably the only way that you could free yourself. The one thing that you couldn't do, however, was tell her who your friends were. You knew already that you were going to defend them, no matter the cost. You had grown even closer to them while you stayed there. They seemed to care about you a lot, and you were growing a bit suspicious. There was no way that their connection and attachment to you was spontaneous. They knew something about you, and you planned on asking them about it after you came back from 'visiting' your mother. That was, IF, you came back.

'Today's the day.' You thought, taking in a deep breath and turning away from the window in the guest bedroom you had been allowed to stay in. You needed to tell someone where you were going, and you knew just who. You got up, making your way to Berwald's room. You were taking a bit of a risk, letting him know where you were going, but you felt that you needed to let him know. Just in case he got worried. 'Y-You know.... IF he gets worried... T-Then he'll know... I-It's not like he'll c-care either way!' You thought, blushing lightly at the way you mentally stuttered over him being worried. You had no idea why, but you were beginning to feel nervous around him. You walked up to his door and knocked on it, shaking the thoughts from your mind.

"B-Berwald?" You inquired softly, and you heard a grunt in return, which you took as a 'Come in.' You turned the knob slowly and opened the door to see Berwald look up from the book he was reading on his bed. You blushed, hesitating at the door's thresh hold. He gestured for you to walk in. You did so and stopped about three feet away from his bed's edge.

"I... Uh... Just wanted to let you know where I will be going.... J-Just in case you get worried. U-Uhm! N-Not that y-you w-w-will be... I-I... Just... Um...." You stuttered out. 

"Depends on where you go." He commented, and you looked up at him, blushing a bit.

"O-Oh..." You breathed out softly. 'Then maybe this is a mistake... He's definitely going to worry.... But... It's too late now...' You thought, cringing at your carelessness.

"Where?" He asked simply, gazing intently at you, sensing your nervousness.

"M-My mother's...." You whispered. His dark blue eyes widened and he immediately abandoned the book, getting up and gripping your shoulders lightly.

"No." He decided firmly. You tilted your head, your face red from the touch of his hands on your shoulders.

"N-No meaning you w-won't worry?" You asked. He shook his head.

"Not going." He said sternly, giving you an intense stare. You teared up.

"Berwald.... I.... It's something I have to do....." You trailed off, looking away and pulling yourself from his tight grip.

"You only go if I go with you." He said. You shook your head. 'Ber.... That defeats the whole purpose of me going there...' You thought.

"I'm going alone, Berwald." You said, determined. He shook his head again, and you thought you saw him tear up. You weren't sure, but with the next thing he said, he let a tear escape one of his eyes, and then you were sure.

"I won't lose you too. You're not going!" He said, getting upset. Your eyes widened. That was the most emotion he had put into anything he had said since you had been there. But... Wait.... Did he say..... You gave him a blank stare.

"What? What do you mean, 'I won't lose you too.'?" You asked, confused. He looked away, knowing he had said too much. "Ber...?" You asked. He sighed and then turned to look at you.

"(Y/n)... We... We knew your father before he died." He said slowly. At first, it didn't click. But then, everything came together. It all made sense after a moment. You understood everything from that one sentence. Wow... You had been such an idiot. You began laughing half-heartedly.

"Oh... I get it.... You guys only put up with me because my dad told you to? Did he tell you to protect me? Hah.... And to think that I really believed that you guys actually...." You trailed off, looking down, your (h/c) hair cascading over your face, creating a shadow. You teared up.

"N-No... (Y/n)-" He began, but you cut him off, finding it far too painful to hear him even speak.

"No, it's okay. I totally get it. It's alright." You said, slowly backing away from him.

"No, wait, (y/n) you don't under-" He began again, and for a second you thought that it sounded like he desperately wanted to get your attention. You nearly laughed again. You were still an idiot. You whirled around and ran out of his room. He called after you, but you shook your head, covering your ears.

"Stop it!!! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!" You yelled, trying to clear your mind of the heart-breaking images of the people that you had come to love. You bolted for the front door, opened it, and ran off into the direction of your mother's house.

~Sweden's POV~

"(Y/n)!!!!" I yelled after her, but she was already gone. 'God, I messed up.....' I thought bitterly, sitting back down on my bed, hearing the front door slam shut. Lukas walked into my room.

"Hey... What was-" He began, but I cut him off, already knowing what he was going to ask.

"She knows." I said simply. I watched as his eyes widened.

"S-She..... Crap..... Finland is going to kill you..." Lukas commented absent-mindedly. I let out a half-hearted chuckle. He was right about that. I got up and grabbed my coat.

"Hey, wait, now where are you going?" He asked, watching my movements. I looked up at him with a look that I hoped read, 'Where do you think?' His eyes widened.

"Wait, you should at least-" He began, but I was already walking out of my bedroom door. I didn't feel the need to take advice from him. There was only one thing on my mind. One thing that I knew I wasn't going to lose this time. She was far too important to me for me to let go of her. I refused even the thought of it.

'I'm coming for you, (y/n).'