Well Now I'm a Creep in Camp

Disclaimer: The following is a non-profit, fanbase series. Percy Jackson and the Olympians; Heroes of Olympus; Trials of Apollo; Kane Chronicles and Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard are owned by Rick Riordan. Spiderman or any concept of him are owned by Marvel Comics and Sony Entertainment. Please support the official releases.

After my check-in with the Kane's, my reputation in Camp plummeted even further. I became this one kid who got special treatment because of who my brother is and the fact that I wasn't like everyone else; to that one kid that has a walking target on her back because she has something related to one of the most infamous villains they know.

I guess this is how Raven from Teen Titans feels most of the time.

Percy told Chiron to not allow me to join any camp events until I'm cured. Percy and I argued a lot more than usual, mostly because I hated that he's preventing me from getting along with the other campers. It was bad enough that they see me as the sister of the great Percy Jackson, Savior of Olympus; but now they see me as some creep who can kill them in their sleep.

And don't get me started on the Athena kids. One time I went over there to meet up with Sam, since she's now a child of Athena, in the mess hall and they all literally pointed their weapons at me, excluding Sam. They were about ready to attack if it weren't for Annabeth intervening.

"That's enough, everyone!" She ordered.

"But Annabeth, she was claimed by Arachne herself! Our mother's sworn enemy! We all saw it!"

"That may be true, but she's my husband's sister and therefore my sister! And she still treats you all normally. She's a mortal child and still sees us as equals, regardless of who or what we are."

The children calmed down a bit but kept glaring at me. I left to talk to Annabeth in private, Sam followed me afterwards.

"Thanks, sis," I said to Annabeth. "I really appreciate that."

"You're a good kid, Estelle. You wouldn't hurt any of us."

"I just wish they could see that. I want to be like you guys, fighting monsters, saving the world."

Annabeth sighs, "Estelle, you have to understand. Curses are not good things. Especially from Arachne. I should know..."

I can tell from her eyes that she was remembering something traumatizing for her. Percy did tell me how she had to confront Arachne alone and return the Mark of Athena back to Camp. That meant that she had to confront her biggest fear without Percy and that devastated both of them. What's worse is that afterwards, they both fell into Tartarus and had to survive long enough to escape.

And they were only 16-years old at the time.

"And what about you?" I asked with concern.

"To be honest... every instinct in my body is actively preparing to fight. In the back of my head, I'm already planning several plans should the Curse... worsened. And... I hate it. I hate that I'm like this toward you. You of all people. Percy and his mom accepted me into their family and you love me as a sister. And what am I doing right now? Strategizing a way to stop you," Annabeth answered, frustrated that instinct is kicking in and forcing her to plan against me.

I hugged her sincerely, "It's okay, Annabeth. I understand, this curse is just bringing back some bad memories. That's all."

Annabeth sighs, "Yeah... it is, Estelle. I know you want to use this curse for good. But trust me, it'll cause nothing but pain and suffering."

I snickered, "Isn't that the life of Spider-Man."

She scoffed but smiled at my joke.

"I'm surprised you're not affected by this, Samantha," Annabeth mentioned.