𝑺𝟑/𝟎𝟒: 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔

HERE WE GO AGAIN,
ASKING WHERE I'VE BEEN.
YOU CAN'T SEE THE TEARS ARE REAL, I'M CRYING.

________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

The doors of Andromeda slide open. Austin struts through, his eyes glued to mine immediately. I hold him by the arms and search for a sliver of hope on his face. "Did you talk to Hugo?? What did he say? Is he back on drugs?"

My questions seem to overwhelm him, I can tell by the deep breath he takes. "Ottie," his tone bringing my hopes down, "I... no. I tried asking him subtly, but couldn't get it out of him."

"Oh." I let go of him. Gloom taking over the space in my head. "What about his apartment? Did you see any cocaine? Or... anything?"

He pinches the bridge of his nose. "I don't know, Ottie. There wasn't anything in sight, ... and he seemed okay to me."

"What about the bags under his eyes-"

"Ottie I don't know!" Sternly, Austin cuts me off and I feel my heart drop. He carresses my face. "I think he's telling the truth. He might just be tired, or sleep deprived... I think he's clean."

I take a step back. My body refuses to stand close to him in this moment. I have never felt like this before. The urge to distance myself from him, it grows like a black hole and swallows me deep. What's wrong with him?

Sighing, "I'm gonna sleep. I'll see you in the morning, k?"

I give him a half-assed nod and return back to my spot behind the reception counter. His eyes follow me intently.

"Ottie..." Austin presses his lips into a thin line and approaches me by the reception. "Look, I'm sorry for raising my voice at you. I'm just...."

I shrug, "I'm just worried for my brother. Besides, you were the one that told me you'd go talk to him."

"You're right." He accepts. Both elbows on the counter, he looks at me through batting lashes. "He just, he told me he's sad you're not supporting him and his business."

Oh. I feel myself crumbling. My brother wants my support, but I'm being a bad sister. I can't help but want to protect him from that hag. Olga doesn't seem good to me, and I can't stand her dating my brother.

"Ottie?"

"Hm?"

Austin has a sublte smile on his face. "Don't think about it too much. He'll understand soon. You're a good sister."