♡︎ - me?

A/N: long time no see! :D 5k reads????? yall are crazy😭 tyssm<3

Somewhere in the city, between tall buildings and busy streets, stood the museum. The museum that was so beloved by the city. Tonight, under the moon's gentle glow, it was not just a simple night like any other. No, it was filled with many new guests as many took part in a special occasion: the museum's anniversary celebration.

The occasion drew not only regular visitors but also exhibits from other museums, adding an extra layer of charm to the night. The museum offered everything one could imagine that night; drinks, food, fun, music, chances to socialize and connect. Anyone could find something for themselves.

There were two individuals who were unaffected by the offers though and despite the laughter and engaging conversations, they remained disinterested.
At the side of the large room, far from the music and noise, Jedediah and Octavius found themselves sat comfortably in a quiet corner, watching the party from afar. The soft glow of overhead lights did not reach them, creating a dimly lit atmosphere around their space.

The distant chatter, laughter and music did not bother them at all, it was calm enough for them to hear their steady breaths, their own voices and the soft rustle of fabric as they shifted in their seats.

While the party was alive and well, Jedediah and Octavius just sat calmly by each other, observing the crowd with a playful look in their eyes.

The two had a game going. However it did not seem to be successful yet.

Jedediah scanned the room, his gaze darting from one figure to the next in search of the perfect candidate.
With a mischievous glint in his eyes, Jedediah leaned in closer to Octavius. "What about him?" he suggested, gesturing towards a figure in the distance.

Octavius studied the figure for a moment, his brow furrowing. "Him? The man in the green coat?" he asked, shaking his head with a hint of amusement. "No, not him."

"Ya picky, my friend, no wonder you're lonely," Jedediah teased.

Octavius arched an eyebrow, a hint of amusement in his eyes. "I am not picky, Jedediah," he responded. "Do you have any idea who you just pointed to? That was Marcus Acisculus."

Jedediah's eyes widened in surprise, a grin spreading across his face. The memories that flooded up by hearing that name made him chuckle.
"I take back what I just said," he admitted, shaking his head in disbelief. "You have better taste than I initially thought."

Their game continued.
Jedediah's eye darted from one figure to the next, picking person after person.
And Octavius followed his lead, his gaze lingering on each figure his friend suggested, as if it was really difficult for Octavius to decide whether they were a good fit for him or not.
However that did not seem to be true, because every time, Jedediah was met with a no. No one was good enough.

Turning his attention to the nearby group of miniature Viking exhibits, Jedediah furrowed his brow. "The one with the grey beard? What do you think of him?" he inquired, his tone curious.

Octavius shook his head immediately. "No, he is too old," he replied.

"What about his friend on the left?"

Octavius turned his head to look at Jedediah with furrowed brows, shaking his head. "What? No, he is too young."

Jedediah chuckled softly, his gaze lingering on the Vikings for a moment longer before turning his attention elsewhere. "Not really into Vikings, huh?" he remarked, glancing back at Octavius with a playful smirk.

Octavius shrugged, a thoughtful expression crossing his features. "I don't believe so," he replied.

"Hm," Jedediah hummed, carefully eyeing the surroundings.