Chapter 1: WrestleMania 39

Nessa sits between Aalyah and Angie ringside at WrestleMania at the request, at the insistence, of Rey and Angie. She is wracked with nerves having not seen Dominik or heard from Dominik in months since he broke up with her over text saying,

"Nessa we're over, I'm sorry but you don't deserve this, you deserve better." He never responded to anything else and ghosted her. Dom's family kept in touch, taking her out for her birthday and such, and filled in some blanks but nothing is making sense and she is conflicted and hurt. Nessa starts playing with the bracelet that Dominik gave her on their anniversary which belonged to his grandmother and means a lot to her and to his family. She starts to fidget more as Dominik makes his entrance and makes his way down to the ring.

Aalyah sees how nervous and fidgety Nessa is and gently places her hand on Nessa's shoulder.

"You look hot girl, he is going to regret what he has done," Aalyah tries to boost Nessa who only shrugs her shoulders, her black lace top corset matching her ripped jeans, accentuating what she feels are her best assets, but Angie was the one who picked the top and Nessa is suspicious as to their motives to bring her there tonight even though they have been nothing but welcoming to her.

Nessa's eyes never leave Dominik's body as he makes his way down to the ring and begins to strut as he enters it. He faces his mom, sister, and ex, his expression changes for a split second, Nessa would have missed it if she blinked, he almost looked remorseful. Aalyah sees it as well and leans over again so she could be heard by Nessa.

"Are you ok sis, I know this can't be easy for you," Nessa shrugs again, trying to keep from speaking so her voice doesn't break. Angie looks at the young girl she has grown to love as another daughter in the few years she was with Dominik, getting with him shortly before the pandemic when he met her at her job.

Everyone but Nessa stands as Eddie Guerrero's music comes on and Rey comes out in a lowrider being driven by Snoop Dogg. She doesn't see however, her eyes don't leave Dominik, the hurt evident on her face. Every time he looks over at his mom and sister he never meets her gaze. As Rey enters the ring Dom puffs out his chest acting tough. It isn't until the match starts that she says anything to them.

"I can't do this I'm sorry..." She moves to get up with tears in her eyes to leave but Angie grabs her wrist.

"Mija please. I know this is hard, but we are here to support them and hopefully put this mess to bed."

Nessa looks at her incredulously, "How can I support either. I still love Dom but he broke my heart and it is clear he doesn't feel the same anymore if he ever did. I love Rey like a father, and I can't side with either over the other I'm sorry." She tries to gently pull her arm away, but notices Angie's sad eyes flicker to the camera aimed at them and then to the fighting men in the ring. Nessa groans and plops down, hiding her face in her hands, realizing the commentators are probably having a field day with what she said. She jerks her head up as the crowd gasps and Angie and Aalyah stand up cheering. Nessa sees Dominik between the turnbuckles and a belt in Rey's hand. She stands up mortified no longer caring about the camera.

"Rey, don't do this please!" She screams out, her own past flashing before her eyes and not wanting Dom to experience this embarrassment. She feels Angie grab her arm again but yanks it away, looking on mortified as Rey spanks Dominik. She looks at Rey, betrayal evident on her face as Dominik rolls out of the ring and stands in front of them. Dominik barely glances at her and It is at that moment she realizes why they insisted on bringing her, why she is there. To distract Dom, to guilt him back to his family and her and she feels disgusted.

"What the hell was that?" Dominik yells at his mom over the crowd

"You deserve it!" Angie yells back, Aalyah standing beside Nessa, her drink cup in her hand. Dominik grabs it and glances down before throwing it at her, the liquid also getting on Nessa. Without thinking Nessa is halfway over the barricade holding Aalyah back.