Chapter 11: A Passing and Some Legos

Nessa opens the hotel room door, her hand on the handle of her bag, and steps out into the hallway where the men are already waiting for her and Rhea. "Finally, love, lets goooo!" Finn gestures to the elevator while Damien reaches out to grab her bag. Nessa rolls it behind her.

"This is one of those times I need to carry my own bag please at least to the car. You can carry it into the venue." She offers, just wanting to feel a little more independent than she has in the past few days. Damien surrenders and grabs her available hand while Dominik grabs Rhea's bag. Rhea kisses Nessa's cheek as she walks ahead and grabs Finn's free hand as they load into the elevator. "So what's the plan for in between?" Nessa asks, squeezing Damiens's hand.

"Would you like us to come to San Diego with you? I know you need to get your place taken care of." Rhea leans forward, wrapping her arms around Nessa's waist.

"Uh if you want? I don't have a lot of space at my place. It was my Covid crash pad, you know? Most of the time I stayed at Dominik's until he came home." Nessa explains, leaning into the embrace.

"Well, we can stay at Dom's again." Rhea puts it out for them to vote on.

Everyone lets out a noise of agreement.

"What about Barry and Luna, hasn't it been a while since you've seen them? I know you miss them?" Nessa asks, feeling guilty, knowing Rhea misses her dogs and she is a reason why she hasn't been home recently.

Rhea smiles sadly, "Don't blame yourself, I wish there was a way to bring them on the road with us." Rhea bemoans as they approach the car.

"Maybe someday, why don't you all go back to Florida for a few days break and I'll get my stuff in order and next time I go down with you guys. You don't have to revolve around me you know." Nessa offers as she hands her bag to Damien who packs it in the back while she gets in the middle seat, Rhea next to her and Dom on her other side. Damien takes the passenger seat as Finn is driving. Damien picks the playlist and no surprise Metallica starts blasting through the car. Nessa smiles and leans on Rhea's shoulder just content. They pull up to the venue to some fans already waiting outside the gate they just drove through. Nessa stares in wonder at the dedication of the fans, some of them having signs for Rhea.

"Wow, they are dedicated. The show isn't for hours and they are here to watch yall get here?" Nessa lets out a breath of air, impressed at the dedication.

"Yeah you get used to it, I feel bad for them when the weather is shit though," Rhea answers the others nodding in agreement. Dominik gets out of the car and helps Nessa out as Damien does the same for Rhea. Dominik kisses Nessa's hand before jogging over to the trunk and opening it, grabbing his and Rhea's bags. Damien grabs his own and Nessa's. Nessa just smiles and walks over to him, placing her hand on top of his holding her bag, and they make their way in the venue to the fans' cheering.

The group is hanging out in their locker room, Nessa splayed out across Damien and Rhea's laps, her head in Rhea's lap, Rhea running her fingers through Nessa's hair. Their peace is broken by Rhea's cell phone ringing. She answers, her fingers pausing partway through Nessa's hair. The conversations stop when they see Rhea's expression. Nessa sits up and grabs Rhea's free hand seeing the pain on her face. Rhea says goodbye and hangs up the phone, her hands shaking, her breathing going shallow.

"Hey, Dems what's wrong?" Nessa asks, trying to rub soothing circles on the back of Rhea's hand.

"It's my Nonna... They say she isn't doing good and we need to come say goodbye..." Her voice breaks and she starts crying. Everyone converges to help comfort her, Nessa in the middle just holding her as she sobs, smoothing down her hair.

"Oh baby, go ahead and cry, we are here for you whatever you need." Nessa sniffles trying to hold back her own tears for Rhea. "Dom book her a ticket for as soon as possible, Finn go get Paul. Luis, when we have a flight booked will you make sure she gets to the airport ok?" Nessa takes charge of the situation knowing what needs to be done. The three of them nod and get to work doing as Nessa said, Damien staying to help soothe Rhea whose sobs have simmered down to quiet whimpers and sniffles. "This next part will be hard love, one of the hardest things and if you want any of us there we will be there." Nessa offers, squeezing her arms tighter around Rhea, Damien doing the same on the opposite side.