Chapter 7: The Cabin

Lily's POV

I can't believe Alexis disobeyed me especially after we just got a letter from the council! I drag her out and far away from the house her trying all the while to escape.

"How could you be so stupid to go out now out of all times!" I growl. "What if the hunters saw you or the Council!" I yell as she doesn't respond.

"I could report you for this, and you are very lucky I am not!" I say pulling the key from the chain around my neck as we came closer to the small building.

"No! Don't put me in there!" Alexis begged trying to pull away.

"It's for your own good.." I hear myself say.

Those words. They've been said to me before. I shake my head. I don't need to drag up old memories right now. I quickly open the door to the small cottage and push Alexis in.

"I was going to put you in there for a week but because you helped with the hunter you will only have one night, understand?" I say as I shut the door and lock it. I can hear her crying on the other side.

"Understand?" I yell this time.

"Yes, I do." She whispers her voice choked and sad.

Just like me when I was also trapped in the horrid little house. But it was all worth it in the end. I want to tell her that, but I have no chance too. Soon she will learn and be grateful as I am to my trainers. Or maybe not, after all she was trained differently than I was. I remember very clearly what it was like in that place. Every room memorised, every crack and corner embedded into my brain.

Alexis has never spent more than two weeks in there and that was when I first brought her here. She was in the underground cell until her bloodthirst went down. I've been in the little house for months with no one. Never seeing the light. It was a part of my training of course. But Shifters are creatures made for war after all and must be trained in ways so they will listen and obey. That is my duty, to fight for the council. Alexis is just another mission that's all.

I shake my head as I walk away. I've got work to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where's Alexis?" I hear Julie ask as she walking into my study.

"She's staying at a friends house, she'll be back tomorrow." I lie easily not even looking up from my work. I have so much to do.

"Oh okay, well I'm heading to bed" Julie says smiling.

"Okay sleep well," I reply looking back down at my work.

I hear the door close and lock behind her. I sigh staring at my work. How could the hunters show up without me noticing? I've been spending too much time playing teacher. Not to mention the fact that I have to clean up after the vampire. She thinks that she can get away with drinking from humans and have no one notice. Vampires were never the best at hiding or holding back their drinking habits. She never thinks of the consequences of her actions. I rub my face staring at my laptop. There she is in the stupid house and dragging that innocent human to the dark. While she thinks that no one can see her the security camera has a perfect shot of her drinking his blood. I'm at least grateful that she didn't kill him. I quickly hack into the system and replace the video with a blank. She's very lucky I got here before the security saw it.