A Dead End to the Ocean's Aroma Pt 4

Killer Killer. Just saying the name was already enough to drive the always unnerving chill down Ryota's spine in an instant, it was just his luck. Of course, it couldn't have just been Yukizome that singlehandedly infiltrated the building, someone had to have assisted her, but that didn't really make it any better.

Ryota was racking his brain trying to figure out who the identity of Killer Killer could be. If their memories really have been erased by Monokuma, then who's to say that he wasn't the serial killer in question?

Gekkogahara realized they weren't getting anywhere by relying on mere speculation and decided to consult Alter Ego for any potential new information. Thankfully Monokuma seemed to have kept his word about refusing to interfere with them contacting outside sources, and if Alter Ego was able to find out vital information about the killing game in general, then perhaps he could find out even more.

"Killer Killer?" Alter Ego blinked, he looked a bit nervous to give out the information, though Ryota believed that he was still uneasy after hearing more information about the killing game. "I'm sorry, but there isn't any information regarding that serial killer anywhere in my data banks."

"Does that mean the identity of Killer Killer really is anonymous?" Ryota wondered.

"Well...it's not only that, Mitarai-kun," Alter Ego corrected hesitantly. "It's information about the entire killing game as a whole. I'm not quite sure what building you're being kept in, though most of the information from The New Revolution's main computer have been heavily restricted, I can only find limited information."

Ryota quirked an eyebrow, Alter Ego's words would've been an easy way to leave him downcast, however he tried to rally up some of the confidence he could occasionally shed. "Okay, but are there any ways to bypass their computer and find out more?"

Alter Ego nodded. "Yes, there's one possibly way, but it's risky. If you can successfully locate the main computer of The New Revolution somewhere in this building and have Aunty Miaya transmit my data into that computer, I'll be able to bypass the firewall and hack into the main computer, giving you all the information needed to uncover the mysteries of this killing game."

"Is that really a good idea? Don't you guys remember what happened the last time?" Asahina asked, indicating Naegi and Kirigiri. "What if Monokuma finds discovers Alter Ego and crushes him with a bulldozer again?"

"But, Monokuma said that he didn't have any intention of interfering with Alter Ego anymore, so maybe there won't be anything stopping us from doing so." Naegi pointed out.

"What if he's just lying so we can slip up?" Asahina suggested. "This could just be a trick so that we could break one of his rules."

"The rules don't forbid us from communicating with outsiders, if Monokuma's really lying about his word then we wouldn't have any way of knowing," Kirigiri replied. "For now, I agree with Naegi-kun, the best chance we have at escaping the building without any more unnecessary casualties is to seek Alter Ego-kun's help in any way possible."

"How are we supposed to hack Alter Ego-san in the main computer in the first place? We're not even sure where the main computer is supposed to be," Ryota pointed out. "If we're in an entirely new building from where we started then it could be anywhere."

"You're right, but if we can uncover the identity of Killer Killer like Monokuma mentioned in that motive, then he'll be more likely to unlock the lower floor," Naegi eagerly and confidently suggested. "And we won't even have to think about surviving the game by killing each other."

"We won't?" Ryota blinked. That almost sounded far too good to be true, almost like an illusion or a pipe dream. Then again, this was Naegi and he always sounded so confident about achieving his goal, and he was the same person that managed to survive the previous killing game and defeat the Ultimate Despair.