Prologue | Chapter 6 - Memories...? A Fight for the Future

Author's Notes: From Chapter 6 onwards, I'll be suggesting some background music tracks from the games to enhance your reading experience.

Example: [ Persona 5 ¦ Phantom ]

So bust out your playlist and play them along as you read.

____________________________________

The Phantom Thieves are on their grand final mission. They had infiltrated Masayoshi Shido's Palace, the twisted manifestation of his distorted desires in the metaverse. They had sent their final and most daring calling card, challenging the corrupt prime minister candidate to a showdown.

But they were not prepared for what they saw in his cognition. In Shido's Palace, the very fabric of Japan had been transformed into a submerged wonderland, where towering skyscrapers now served as submerged relics of a bygone era.

The only thing that stands above the water is the Diet Building, the seat of the Japanese government and Shido's main base of distortion.

However, in his cognition, the Diet Building is not a simple structure, but had morphed into a colossal cruise ship liner, shimmering under the ethereal glow of the metaverse. This grand vessel served as a sanctuary exclusively for Shido's loyal cronies and henchmen, leaving the masses to drown.

After a perilous journey, the Phantom Thieves finally arrive at the assembly floor, where the ultimate target of their heist stands on the podium.

It is the Shadow of Shido, the corrupt politician who has manipulated countless lives for his own gain. He looks like a bald man with a tiny black goatee, giving him a sneering appearance. On his face, he wears a pair of orange-tinted square glasses that conceal his glowing yellow eyes, which betray his twisted nature and his lust for control.

"It seems the ignorant masses are doomed to remain as such..." Shadow Shido, sneered with a false facade of pity, his head shaking disapprovingly while looking down on the Phantom Thieves, who were standing on a lower platform.

"I thought you were smarter than that." His piercing gaze bore into the Phantom Thieves, conveying his disdain. "This is unfortunate... I have no choice but to eliminate you all."

Adjusting his vibrant orange glasses with a deliberate motion, he maintained his intense glare, his eyes like fiery embers burning with malice. "A small leak will sink a great ship. Great nations have fallen to such lenience."

"I will not make such incautious mistakes." He declared, punctuating his speech by clenching his fists, his determination palpable.

Suddenly, as if materializing from thin air, a multitude of individuals clad in immaculate suits appeared in the once-empty seats of the Diet assembly. Their expressionless faces betrayed no emotion as they erupted into a synchronized applause, their mechanical claps resounding within the grand chamber as if programmed to do so.

"Huh?" Confusion swept over the Phantom Thieves, their bewildered gazes darting around to comprehend this inexplicable turn of events. "Uh..."

The air was thick with confusion, and even Mona, a curious amalgamation of cat and monster, couldn't help but voice his astonishment.

"There's tons of them." He remarked, his tone a blend of incredulity and disbelief.

"Since when!?" Exclaimed a young woman with brown hair, donning a rebellious biker ensemble, her eyes darting frantically around the surroundings.

The assembly of suited men continued their ovation for a brief moment, until a signal from a bald figure commanded their applause to cease.

As the applause faded into oblivion, a chuckle escaped his lips, and the very podium beneath him began ascending, causing tremors to ripple through the chamber.