Side Chapter 1 - A Certain Backstory

Author's Note:

Thank you so much for 1K reads!!1! I didn't really expect this fan fiction to have a thousand reads; since this is literally my first time writing one LMAO.

I also apologize for not adding more chapters since, what, 1, 2 weeks ago, it's because I have a ton of school workload and I can't manage all at the same time :')

Here's a side chapter for you guys, it may be short, but I hope it can make your cheeky little fan fiction-hungry souls satisfied.

Manga readers out there, I hope you are having a great day!!

Setting: Yoto High School, before Ai Hoshino got pregnant

"You're planning to go to a Science College instead? Why not continue your acting journey? You're really skilled, I do say so myself." Mr. Kobayashi said to me.

"Acting is great, and fun, maybe... but the laws of science have captured my interest more," I responded

"I see." Mr. Kobayashi said in reply. "Your talent agency is really lucky for having someone like you, sad to see you transfer to Science, though."

"Yep."

Another day at a performing arts high school, I wave goodbye to Mr. Kobayashi, and just like any other day, I go to the library to continue studying different branches of Science. But certain events made my day shift unlike "any other day".

I pulled out "Physics II for STEMs" as I heard a couple of students chatting inside the library. "Did you hear about that new idol girl? She just transferred here recently!"

A transferee? An idol?

"I heard she's the center girl for the new idol group B-Komachi! Oh, look! She's coming this way!"

Once she entered the library, she had all eyes on her. She has a distinctive and eye-catching appearance. She has a petite and slender frame, standing at an average height for her age. Her hair has a dark shade of purple, falling in soft waves that frame her youthful face. I have never seen anyone this dazzling in my six years inside the Lalalie Theatrical Company.

She seemed to find a section inside the library but is lost, and eventually,

She approached me.

"Excuse me? Where is the magazine section?"

I lowered my Physics book and responded, "Turn left, then right, just go forward, and turn right again, there's the magazine section."

"Uhm, I'm bad at directions, hehe, can you lead the way?"

I sighed and closed the book I was studying and led her to the magazine section. You could say she would get definitely get lost without any guide, as there are a lot of twists and turns.

"Thanks for leading the way!" she said happily.

"Oh, no problem," I said in reply. "Hey, what's your name?"

"My name? Ai! My name is Ai!" she chuckled.

"Ai, I see. Well then, until we meet again."

"Mhm!"

I went back to my table and started reading again, yet that Ai girl makes me wonder. Throughout my acting career, I have never seen anyone that amazing. Her aura is different. Different from the others...

As I continued studying, time passed. And eventually, I've fallen asleep in the library. I slept for a long time, that is until someone woke me up.

"Hey, dummy. The library is almost closing."

"H-huh?"

It was Ai, patting my head. "Were you having a good dream? You looked so cozy in your sleep,"

"Did not!" I shouted

"Really?"

I nodded.

"Hey, let me ask you a question, have you ever loved someone? Or even felt love at all?" Ai suddenly asked.

"What's up with that?" I said. "But, no, I haven't experienced it, yet,"

"It might be nice to love someone; or something, no?"

This girl is talking too much, I opened my Physics books once again.

"Being an idol group's center is hard work, honestly, I mean you literally have to say 'I love you' in front of my fans. I just can't do it. The one that scouted me said that I could lie, so that's what I do. Yet I never experienced what love actually felt like."

"Oh?" I said curiously.

"I believe that lies are the most exquisite form of love!"

I take back what I said earlier, this girl is really different. "Hey, you're really interesting, Ai."

"Really?"

"Yes, and to think about you've never experienced love, even though you are an idol group's center, I think it's interesting."

Ai smiled.

"To be honest, I was caught off-guard when you asked that question and told me this. You're not the kind of stereotypical idol, aren't you? It must be hard for you. I think I know the first step to making you experience love! And that is to have a friend." I confidently said.

"My name is Hikaru. Hikaru Kamiki."

"Hikaru! That's a lovely name." Ai smiled again.

"Heh, thanks." I laughed.

"Oh! I've gotta formally introduce myself too, hehe. My name is Ai. Ai Hoshino, Hoshino Ai. Tomato, tomahto."

As Ai spoke these words, her eyes shined bright as the brightest star.
Then it hit me.
Something snapped. Something inside of me.
Something...

"I'll remember you, Ai Hoshino." I said to her.

"Hehe, yeah," she grinned. "Oh! Are you free tomorrow?"

"Well, that depends, who's asking?" I laughed once more.

"If you're free, let's meet up here at the library again, I want to chat with you, you seem like a nice guy."

Heh, thanks.
Little did she know.